Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix not connecting to my laptop

Dalfonaut

Hi everyone, 

I Just bought the HX stomp XL but when I try to connect it to my PC (Macbook pro M1) my computer doesn't connect with the Helix. This means thaty the Helix is connected to the computer but it's like the same as it isn't. My usb ports are perfectly functioning and the Helix is working and set to on. Actually when i first linked it my laptop required to press the button on the right side of the shift key to go on with the installation of the Helix, but the operation wasn't working and i close the window and tried to start from the very begining, but since that moment on the computer doesn't "notice" the Helix. Since this is my very first experience with the Helix i hope someone will help :)

thank you :)

The first step is to download and install HX Edit from Line 6's website. You will need to log into your account to do so.

The installation of HX Edit will install all the necessary software to your computer.

After you have done so, connect your HX Stomp XL to your computer and launch HX Edit. If still not recognized, check to be sure that the USB cable supplied with your HX Stomp XL is not faulty. You can try another USB cable if you have one on hand. BTW, did you buy the HX Stomp XL new or used? If new and still no good, swap it for another unit from your vendor. If you bought it used, you may want to get back in touch with the seller to see what you can work out.

'm a PC guy so I can't advise you about your Mac. Nonetheless, from the Downloads page on Line 6's website, you will need to select HX Edit from the Software Dropdown list, and your version of Mac OS from the OS Dropdown. 

On 12/13/2023 at 10:38 PM, Dalfonaut said:

Hi everyone, 

I Just bought the HX stomp XL but when I try to connect it to my PC (Macbook pro M1) my computer doesn't connect with the Helix. This means thaty the Helix is connected to the computer but it's like the same as it isn't. My usb ports are perfectly functioning and the Helix is working and set to on. Actually when i first linked it my laptop required to press the button on the right side of the shift key to go on with the installation of the Helix, but the operation wasn't working and i close the window and tried to start from the very begining, but since that moment on the computer doesn't "notice" the Helix. Since this is my very first experience with the Helix i hope someone will help :)

thank you :)

Hi,

Mot sure if this is relevant, but check this thread from earlier this year:- 

Hope this helps/makes sense.