Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

300hd No Compression, Gating?

ebbsoul

My unit came with no manual[store demo model] but I presumed I could do the same editing  I had on the pod plus and then some.

Upon downloading manual, after purchase due to the situation, it indicates only the hd400 does this.

Kind of a deal breaker, as HD seems to acentuate real life noise of 'actual name brand' FX.

The presets are a bit extreme for adults taste IMO...

Gate and compression gave me the best editing tweaks on the Pod plus for less dough.

What gives?

I think he is referring to the limitation of FX1....

meaning you can't use more than one of them at a time....

and it's exactly the same on the HD400... you have to go desktop/500/pro to get around that.

it's setup intentionally this way to automatically manage the needed DSP.

i don't understand. are you saying the 300 has no compression pedals and no noise gate?

I think he is referring to the limitation of FX1....

meaning you can't use more than one of them at a time....

and it's exactly the same on the HD400... you have to go desktop/500/pro to get around that.

it's setup intentionally this way to automatically manage the needed DSP.

then why the reference to the 400

I just don't seem to find a 'gating ' menu, on this HD300, HD300/400 manual sez 'in this chapter we'll dicuss editing HD400 , and 'gating' is only refferenced to that model[HD400]> needs me some gating/compression.

Thanx.

i assumed he had the 300, and the manual claimed something was different on the 400...

don't have a 400, but my understanding it that the software is mostly the same between the 2, just some I/O and form factor differences.

then why the reference to the 400

The HD300 and 400 both have a selection of compressors and a noise gate. The compressors are bundled into the FX1 group; one at a time is selectable. The noise gate is not bundled into an FX group; it is separately assignable in all presets.

• Upvote 1

Uber-"seperately assignable in all presets" hummm...lemme go back and look again. Manual very misleading there. It refferences this capability  to HD400 only under chapter 4.

[i think the manual is exceptionally easy to understand otherwize-no 'lawyerspeak, persay]

So it's there as it should be I just haven't found it yet-must be deep within preset parameters or represented by a weird acronym or something.. I'd think It'd be about the first parameter you'd encouter..kinda miss the 'on deck' gate and compression knods of the Pod +. [and hey, my eyes ain't so good anymore, need to look into online editing]

Thanks for the imput guys.

• Upvote 1

<p>Yeah - the noise gate is kind of hidden in the Edit section of the HD device. However, it is much more accessible using the computer-based editor (HD300 Edit). It's in the bottom section of every preset window, along with Reverb, Vol, and Wah.

i disagree (and you can disagree and adjust the DEPs if you like)

but i find that the hum warms up the sound and makes it sound more real and less digital...

removing it sounds computer generated and bland.

Yeah, and some of the HDs' realizm isn't exactly always a +.

Like including the original hum,noise, and crudeness of whatever it's repilcating..

You're right, Uber, but in that the L6HD as it comes is 'overdone' to my ears in this reguard, and ergo why my original inquiry.

I like it, just not so much of it as set from the factory.

In other words yes it makes it less digital sounding, but it's also part of the equasion a producer would use compression for, setting limits of 'less than' of the normal models replicated in question.

A cleaner recording.

it's all due to the HD being so realistic  in the first place, eh?