Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What Kind Of Flextone Do I Have _what Type Of Pedal

i Just got a flextone PLUS (60 watt) used. Came with a fbv4 footswitch  that dosen't work. Wow these are getting VERY hard to find, but I need on badly . Is the flexone PLUS considered a i,ii or iii ??? Can any other footswitch be used (4 channel switch)  HELP thank you in advance

As far as I was aware the Flextone was 60W and the Flextone Plus was 100W. In any case they are both MkI models.

Now to your footpedal. Are you sure it's an FBV4 and not an FB4? The FBV4 will not work with the Flextones, you need either an FB4 for simple control or a FloorBoard for more complex control.

Yes,,it's a 60 was -1-12" flextone plus, (I've seen post regarding flextone i, ii, iii's,) didn't know it was a MkI model ?

and yes the FBV4 was INCLUDED with the amp,,but never tested out (maybe that's why It dosen't work ? but i will search for FB4 switch) ,,,,or floor board thank you

Are you a bit confused Zap? The manual states FB4 and FloorBoard, section 6.8. The FBV4 only works with Flextone IIIs as far as I am aware (I am going by documentation as I have never owned any of these amps) and the Flextone Plus is a Flextone I model.

This page specifically says it's not compatible:

http://uk.line6.com/footcontrollers/fbv4.html

you're right... i was assuming Flextone III and now that you mentioned it... i don't see the III anywhere! oops.

Are you a bit confused Zap? The manual states FB4 and FloorBoard, section 6.8. The FBV4 only works with Flextone IIIs as far as I am aware (I am going by documentation as I have never owned any of these amps) and the Flextone Plus is a Flextone I model.

This page specifically says it's not compatible:
http://uk.line6.com/footcontrollers/fbv4.html

• 1 month later...

I have a question about footswitches too.

I have a Line 6 Lowdown that's fun to play around with and have found a flextone III that I am considering buying.

What kind of footswitch works with the flextone III and how much approximately would it cost?

Thanks.

Warren

the flextone III will work with the FBV pedals...

same ones that work with footboard enabled lowdown models!

I have a question about footswitches too.

I have a Line 6 Lowdown that's fun to play around with and have found a flextone III that I am considering buying.

What kind of footswitch works with the flextone III and how much approximately would it cost?

Thanks.

Warren

• 8 months later...

New owner of Flextone ii XL with complete Floor Board. :D

just learing Guitar 3 months now real rookie. :huh:

I found that the WAH pedal will not reach the on off switch.

I can turn on the WAH with a small tool light comes on and WAH works bitchen!!!

So I see the area on the Pedal that is suppose to reach switch but it is like 1/8-3/16 away from switch.

Is there a little rubber foot tha is suppose to be there?

Thanks for any information!

Bryan