Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Desktop (bean) Hd-x?

Springo

Does anyone know, or think they know, if there will be a HD -X version of the desktop bean? I like the idea of the sag and bias controls. Plus it has more processing power, although I can't say that I have ever run out of processing power on my HD desktop even with two amp chains and loads of effects.

I have a pod hd pro and a hd bean...... sag/bias, all the advanced controls are in the standard firmware of those models....... from the 2.00 there are also advanced controls for cabinets.......

hd-x provide just a +20% on dsp power....... i honestly almost never saw dsp limit...... (but i never use the dual amp patch... )

I just tried purposely to use all of the processing power and was able to, but only by making ridiculous dual amp chains with lots of effects. For example I'd make one, and then try to add a second reverb or pitch and it would exceed the limit. Reverb and pitch use the most processing power. But who needs two reverbs in a chain? So it's a non-issue.

As for the sag, bias and advanced controls for the cabs, I have all of the latest firmware etc. Where do I access the new control parameters? I cannot find them.

Thanks!

you press enter twice quicly on the block of the amp and you access the amp (you'll see all the classic control of the amp drive bass etc....) on the bottom you'll find type of amp cabinet mic and amp control..... if you press the nav button right you'll access all the advanced features!

hope it helps