Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 Firmwear Problems

kernow82

I have been having problems updating my Firmware, for some reason computer is sending the information from my computer to the USB ( lights flashing ect) but the pedal is still on the waiting for commands screen, on my midiox I cannot change the buffering miliseconds to 101 as sudgested by Line6, In the advanced dropdown box there is a button for buffering and all this has is two boxes and no box to change the milisecons

any assistance would be greatefully recived

regards

john

Just went through this on my M13. Make sure you have a "good" USB -> Midi cable. The M-Audio Uno is a known good cable as is iConnectivity Mio. I fiddled for hours with a cheaper cable I bought from Amazon and it simply would not work. You could absolutely tell that the PC was sending Midi commands to the device, but it would never change from the "Waiting" screen. Once I picked up the Mio cable, it worked instantly with the same settings.

technically any midi interface should be up to the task, we're just relaying that the most hassle free and most successful one is the m-audio UNO.

you can always try other ones.. i've had mixed success with the cheap 5$ ebay one...

i've had much greater success with the m-audio UNO.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I had to buy an M-Audio Uno (my original cheap midi usb interface wouldn't allow me to upload the firmware update to my M13) and it worked instantly when I followed the instructions available on the Line 6 M13 Firmware update site.