Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Create Tones In Amplifi From Scratch?

Shakey64

Hi Newbie here

Just got there Amplifi 75 yesterday and maybe I've missed it but how do I create a tone from scratch using the iOS App?  I can see that I can modify a tone and rename but how do I create one from fresh?

Regards

Shakey

Hey Shakey64,

At the moment there really isn't anyway of starting with a blank slate, due to the FX blocks always being available there will always be a block with an effect (on or off)

When creating a tone I turn everything off, start with the amp, move around the FX blocks where I want them and go from there. After you get the sound your looking for, rename the tone and save it to your device (iPad/iPhone) then you can instantly publish the tone, or select it from 'My Tones'.

• Upvote 1

Hi Shakey. It looks like you're getting the hang of Amplifi.  Kind'a confusing at times since there is no proper manual for the Remote App.  Earlier when I first bought the amp, I had a lot of questions and folks here were very helpful.  Also, given that there was no manual, I started marking my app operating "discoveries" as OPERATING TIP so I and others could find them again.  Some of these tips are simple and some are step-by-step directions and may cover things you already know.  Anyway, if you want to see them, go back to the main forum page and search for OPERATING TIP (in the field in the upper right with with the magnifying glass).  Be sure the search area is set to "forum".  AE

Hi Shakey. It looks like you're getting the hang of Amplifi.  Kind'a confusing at times since there is no proper manual for the Remote App.  Earlier when I first bought the amp, I had a lot of questions and folks here were very helpful.  Also, given that there was no manual, I started marking my app operating "discoveries" as OPERATING TIP so I and others could find them again.  Some of these tips are simple and some are step-by-step directions and may cover things you already know.  Anyway, if you want to see them, go back to the main forum page and search for OPERATING TIP (in the field in the upper right with with the magnifying glass).  Be sure the search area is set to "forum".  AE

Cheers Eddy, will do. What kind of arch top are you toting btw?

Got a few laying around the house -- all lefties.  37' Gibson Charile Christian ES-150, 28' Gibson L-4, an Eastman ES-175-type I use for gigs, and a few others including a bunch of Gypsy Jazz guitars.  Lately, been spending more time on my various Strats... AE

This not being able to start from scratch thing is a bit short-sighted.  Think the developers could do with adding some enhancements to the whole create/save/publish aspect of the amplify remote app.  If you adjust a published tone it won't let you overwrite - you need to save with another name, this will result in a large number of duplicates or near duplicates with similar names.  Being able to start from a blank canvass would be great. Search by submitter or band or song would be great - especially if you didn't have to load a song first.

I'd like to find all the line6-created tones but if I search I only get a few come up.  Display could do with the pedal/effect name above the types in the chain, rather than you having to click on the icon to find out which pedal it represents.

Would be good to drop EQ or Wah or Reverb and stick another stomp(s) in their place.

The idea of saving tones in groups like playlists (which someone else suggested) is a good idea as is ArchTopEddy's more than 4 presets in the amp itself.  

These refinements would make a good application much, much better...

Regards

Shakey

This not being able to start from scratch thing is a bit short-sighted.  Think the developers could do with adding some enhancements to the whole create/save/publish aspect of the amplify remote app.  If you adjust a published tone it won't let you overwrite - you need to save with another name, this will result in a large number of duplicates or near duplicates with similar names.  Being able to start from a blank canvass would be great. Search by submitter or band or song would be great - especially if you didn't have to load a song first.

I'd like to find all the line6-created tones but if I search I only get a few come up.  Display could do with the pedal/effect name above the types in the chain, rather than you having to click on the icon to find out which pedal it represents.

Would be good to drop EQ or Wah or Reverb and stick another stomp(s) in their place.

The idea of saving tones in groups like playlists (which someone else suggested) is a good idea as is ArchTopEddy's more than 4 presets in the amp itself.  

Regards

Shakey

I have submitted as a new idea that you can vote on:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/612152-23508

• 3 months later...

Regards

Shakey

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!!!,!,! Thank you, hope they heRd that