Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording Via Hd500x Usb - Want To Capture And Record The Mp3 Input

cdallaire

Hey guys,

I'm new to the POD series and Line6 in general - nice to meet you! I recently picked up the HD500x and I'm loving it so far. The sounds and features are excellent, and I love that I can build sounds using the software rather than the board.

Lately I've been trying to do some recording using the HD500x as an audio interface over USB. This works great except for one little hiccup that I HOPE this board can do, but I haven't figured out how.

I have my Boss DR-880 drum machine hooked up to the HD500x using the CD/MP3 input. That leaves the sound untouched by the board which is what I want, however, the ouput from the CD/MP3 input isn't capture in the USB audio output on the computer. So basically the drum track doesn't get recorded.

I tried using the AUX input instead, but that's a huge pain because it ties up a channel on whichever patch I'm using and the sound is also colored by the amp models, even the empty one.

Do you guys know if it's possible to get the audio from the CD/MP3 input the computer via USB?

Thanks! - Chris

well this was just a way to record the drums...

you have to do it for every tone...

but unless you have a mixer in the loop with the out plugged in as well...

you will ONLY hear the drums... all the inputs will be ignored otherwise...

perhaps i misunderstood the question... my suggestion was merely for recording the drums solo.

Thanks for the quick reply, Zap! 

I guess that just leaves me with one more question. Is that something I can do globally, or would I have to add the fx loop manually to the end of the chain on every preset?

"but unless you have a mixer in the loop with the out plugged in as well...

you will ONLY hear the drums... all the inputs will be ignored otherwise..."

Set the FX Loop Mix to 50% to get equal original internal sound mixed with an externally sourced sound.

You have to add it to every patch.

It is no different to  I do to have a keyboard and guitar at the same time both going to Monitor and FOH except that they keyboard is swapped for a drum machine