Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where Is The Dt25 In The Pod Signal Chain When Connected Via L6 Link?

GazzaBloom

Where does the DT25 site in the PODHD500X signal chain when connected over L6 Link?

With the amp sims activated on the POD what is happening when you add effects before the amp and after?

Also, what about when the amps are 'off' and channel B is activated using the DT25 pre-amps, what's going on with 'pre' and 'post' the amp block?

I'm really confused by the POD500X's routings!

when the POD is connected with L6 link and the POD amps are active the DT25 is ONLY providing the analog power section.  Just forget all about the DT preamp section, it is effectively bypassed.  If you turn the POD amp A channel block off, the DT will switch to its internal channel B preamp with whatever physical knob settings are currently set on the DT.  The effects chain will still be active but using the DT channel B instead of the POD amp (its all digital anyway).

I strongly suggest you forget using the DT amps internal preamps with the POD connected by L6 link.  There is absolutely no advantage to be gained and you risk unwanted results if the knobs are not what you expected.  Use the POD amps/preamps for all your patches, you will be much happier and its much easier to manage.

The only thing you may want to keep in mind (on top of what radatats described) is that you will have 4 program slots on the DT (normally set to provide spring reverb and the 4 default power amp types) that you may be able to use for different reverb selections if you run out of DSP on the HD. For example, you could use the DT program slots to setup just 2 different amps with 2 different reverbs each or just a different reverb for all 4. But this is usually not worth the trouble unless you have no other choice.

when the POD is connected with L6 link and the POD amps are active the DT25 is ONLY providing the analog power section. Just forget all about the DT preamp section, it is effectively bypassed. If you turn the POD amp A channel block off, the DT will switch to its internal channel B preamp with whatever physical knob settings are currently set on the DT. The effects chain will still be active but using the DT channel B instead of the POD amp (its all digital anyway).

I strongly suggest you forget using the DT amps internal preamps with the POD connected by L6 link. There is absolutely no advantage to be gained and you risk unwanted results if the knobs are not what you expected. Use the POD amps/preamps for all your patches, you will be much happier and its much easier to manage.

Thanks for your reply, I want to forget using the internal pre-amps but just can't get the same tones from the POD. The Blackface Twin Pre model has too much low end and not enough mids and sounds nothing like the pre-amp topology 1 in the DT25. In fact I can't get particularly close to any of the 4 DT25 preamps. I keep reading people say they are exactly the same, well that's not my experience.

The DT25 sounds great with the inbuilt preamps and just doesn't sound as good when driven with the PODHD via L6 link.

as I posted on the other thread you are working this issue, you need to go into your DT by midi and use DTEdit software to actually verify what amp models you have selected for each topology in both channel A and B.  Only then can you be sure that what you are trying to replicate with the POD matches what you are hearing from the DT.  You should not assume that any certain model is actually assigned.  Once verified there is no reason you can't get the same thing from the POD...