Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Version 2.31 - Is That It?

Rewolf48

POD HD500 Flash Memory v2.31 is a FREE firmware update for all POD HD500 users. 

This release addresses an issue with audio feedback that could potentially occur when changing patches with a specific combination of settings. It is strongly recommended that all users install this update as soon as possible.  

Although there should be no sonic impact to existing patches as a result of this update, it is recommended that you connect to the POD HD500 Edit application and back up any patches you may wish to keep as a precaution.

I haven't tried it yet (at work).

I am sure that avoiding uncontrolled feedback is a very important issue even if it has never happened to me, but I can't help feeling a little disappointed that in the 5 months since the last firmware update that we haven't at least got a fix that would allow Workbench HD to talk to a JTV through an HD500.

Unless there are other things fixed and they just didn't make it into the release notes - anybody tried it yet?

• Upvote 2

I'm actually very pleasantly surprised that this update came specifically addressing the feedback issue. It reminds me why I originally started using line 6 products. This update is a direct response to a thread that was started in this forum by those who had this problem. To come up with a solution in this short period is very good considering the issue started in the beginning of January. Here's the link to the thread:

http://line6.com/support/topic/4837-dammit-same-thing-happened-to-me/

• Upvote 2

I appreciate the response by Line 6. It took 4 months to exact a fix, which happens to be the second attempt. The first was done over a year ago and seems to have cut down on the problem. I hope this one cures it.

That said, I do believe we have more in store for the Pod HD series. If they haven't announced "no further updates" then I will continue to hope.

Thanks again for fixing what can be a painful and equipment-damaging bug.

I appreciate the response by Line 6. It took 4 months to exact a fix, which happens to be the second attempt. The first was done over a year ago and seems to have cut down on the problem. I hope this one cures it.

I think the first one fixed it, too. It seems like the problem was reintroduced in the last update. I imagine it's possible that few lines of code from before the original fix found their way back into the newer firmware.

That's quite possible. Coders are lazy and always try to find the quickest cut/paste method to program. Speaking from experience, so don't flame me lol.

That's probably why they were able to fix it so fast. They already had the code.

I think the first one fixed it, too. It seems like the problem was reintroduced in the last update. I imagine it's possible that few lines of code from before the original fix found their way back into the newer firmware.