Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question About Ios App - Wifi?

floydatic

I installed the app this morning, since I am going to get a 75 today. I spend some time up at my cabin to practice/play relax and I don't have internet access up there. After I loaded up the app on my ipad, I went in and started to play. Seems like a stripped out version of the pod farm? I put my ipad in airplane mode and went to open the app and it said I had to login. Is there away to use the app so I can have access to the effects and downloaded presets without an internet connection?

I know I can store 4 tones on the Amplifi itself, but being able to work with the tones while in my cabin would be a feature I would almost have to have.

(and no I can't use my cell as a hotspot, or an aircard or anything....) I can get maybe 1 bar of single strength if I put on my tinfoil hat with coat hangers and a lightning rod. :P (though a propeller helps. :P)

Thanks!

I'm not with my iPad at the moment, but I seem to recall that it should work without an internet connection, but you wont get the cloud features.

So you could save 4 presets to the amp, and many more to your 'my tones' in the app, which saves them to your iOS device rather than the cloud.  You should then be able to recall them to the amp as you need to when jamming.

Hope this helps

Andy

ah, just another point - it likely looks a little like it's a stripped down POD Farm, but the crucial difference is that POD Farm processes your guitar, and the Amplifi Remote App does not.  the app controls the amp, and it's the amp that processes your audio.  a minor point, but helpful to understand that the app is only like a remote control.