Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is It Working With All Ios Apps ?

gramote

Hello,

The idea behind amplifi is really great !

Can somebody tell me if all the apps I use on ios (session band, jamup, forscore, irealB, multitrack daw, loopy hd...) will also be usable thanks to the Bluetooth through the amplifi or is there some restrictions ?

Thanks for your feedback

those apps may be useful for playback of backing tracks...

but those apps tend to process the sound on the IOS device...

and amplifi does not, so you wouldn't be able to use amplifi as a monitor for those apps particularly.

I use an iPhone 4S.  Basically, anything I can play through my iPhone, I can play through through the AMPLIFI via the bluetooth.  I don't have a lot of the apps you have but I do have -- and have used -- iRealB, YouTube, various "recorders", my music library, and my iPhone itself (as a speaker).  Works well overall, but as RealZap noted, not the best sound for monitoring. It's more a convenience factor. AE

thanks for your answers ....

but i am not sure to understand "anything I can play through my iPhone, I can play through through the AMPLIFI via the bluetooth" (archtopeddy) and "you wouldn't be able to use amplifi as a monitor for those apps particularly" (TheRealZapp)

I am sure to miss something in your answers ?

basically i was saying that if you play guitar through those apps, and expect to hear it on the amplifi... you'll likely find the latency/delay unbearable and unusable....

but i am not sure to understand "anything I can play through my iPhone, I can play through through the AMPLIFI via the bluetooth" (archtopeddy) and "you wouldn't be able to use amplifi as a monitor for those apps particularly" (TheRealZapp)

Ah ok, i understand your answer !

in fact i plan to connect the guitar directly to the amp, and one of the ipad app will play what i will use as "backtrack",  so normally no "monitoring" issue is it right ?

Just to check: for example i use DM1 (a drum machine, running on the IOS device, generating sound) and go through bluetooth to the amp, do you think it will sound good ?

yeah as long as you're plugging the guitar into the amplifi you should be fine.

Ah ok, i understand your answer !

in fact i plan to connect the guitar directly to the amp, and one of the ipad app will play what i will use as "backtrack",  so normally no "monitoring" issue is it right ?

Just to check: for example i use DM1 (a drum machine, running on the IOS device, generating sound) and go through bluetooth to the amp, do you think it will sound good ?

I don't know if this helps any but I'll restate my comment as: "any sound or musical source that I can play on my iPhone, I can transmit to the AMPLIFI via the bluetooth."

... do you like the sound ?

For me, as I noted earlier, the bluetooth connection is more of a convenience factor. Overall, it's a good sound. If I'm being specific, I'd have to note: I have the AMPLIFI 150 and it seems a bit bassy at low volumes (probably due to the larger speaker).  At higher volumes it sounds much better (more balanced).  If I plug my iPhone directly into the Amplifi with a stereo 1/8 inch cable, it sounds a little bit clearer -- but not enough to be a show stopper.  I also think the bluetooth Bose Soundlink speaker I have sounds just a bit clearer, but again not by much.  Overall, it's a good sound.  For me, the spotiness of the AMPLIFI's bluetooth connectivity is the bigger issue and I hope they can get that ironed out.  For what it's worth, the Bose's bluetooth connectivity is much more reliable.   AE

For me, as I noted earlier, the bluetooth connection is more of a convenience factor. Overall, it's a good sound. If I'm being specific, I'd have to note: I have the AMPLIFI 150 and it seems a bit bassy at low volumes (probably due to the larger speaker).  At higher volumes it sounds much better (more balanced).  If I plug my iPhone directly into the Amplifi with a stereo 1/8 inch cable, it sounds a little bit clearer -- but not enough to be a show stopper.  I also think the bluetooth Bose Soundlink speaker I have sounds just a bit clearer, but again not by much.  Overall, it's a good sound.  For me, the spotiness of the AMPLIFI's bluetooth connectivity is the bigger issue and I hope they can get that ironed out.  For what it's worth, the Bose's bluetooth connectivity is much more reliable.   AE

Thank you very much for your detailled answer (-: