Sign in to follow this  
paulmackay1979

Help! Ive Lost My Variax G String!

my variax has been running relatively well, apart from a delicate pickup selector and not being able to run v2.0. but just yesterday when I turned on the variax I have no output on the g string, if I hit it hard enough I get a very quiet short distorted tone, does this mean my piezos are also faulty now and if so any idea how much to get a service/repair on a jtv59 in the uk?

1] does this mean my piezos are also faulty now

2] and if so any idea how much to get a service/repair on a jtv59 in the uk?

1] Certainly sounds like that's the case.

2] Don't know, but "more than it should" is a safe bet...I'm guessing you're out of warranty?

yeh, pretty sure I will be out of warranty, not impressed with this at all, had quite a lot of problems since buying this, don't think ill be buying another one, by the looks of things ill be stuck using just the pups, ive just raised a ticket so itll be interesting to see what line 6 say about it

Wow, when I first read this I thought that Line 6 had come out with a new branded piece of clothing. Would probably sell as well as T-shirts!

• Upvote 1

I'm a boxers kinda guy myself.  Does the G-String make the Strat Quack any better?   :D

Let us know how this goes and sorry about your luck.

Hi - Hard to resist the G string jokes - but I have the same issues with my JTV 59. In my situation the g string piezo was intermittent sometimes would work, sometimes not. Increasingly, it is not working. Dropped it off today at a line 6 repair center near my home. I'll let you know the prognosis.