Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Managing Setups

First things first: The M20d is an amazing piece of gear that makes my job so much easier it's ridiculous!

Now, I gave several bands and I won a music school.

We are believe that the students should play live as much as possible so we are always organizing small concerts on local bars.  

Result: I have a gazillion setups stored on the M20d and many, many scenes to go with them. It starts to be very annoying to find the right one! 

I need a pc software to store, organize and label my setups!

Thanks line6, can I download it next week? 

The good news is that you can store almost an unlimited number of setups.  And the scenes that go with them automatically come up when you select the scene.  Unfortunately there is no mechanism that would allow you to store single scenes outside a complete M20 backup.  Hopefully you can come up with a better scheme to name them for recall.

Sounds like it won't be ready for download next week!

yah... sounds like it  :(

It's such a simple thing to do... And it would make my life so much easier. I could load to the mixer just the setups I would be using a particular week or month. Then, when I get a gig with a band that only plays 3 or 4 times a year, I could load that setup and take the others out.

I really sick of scrolling up and down the setups list several times until I find the right one  :wacko:

That's actually a very good idea! I don't even know how I never thought of that... 

Just one question: can I rename the backup files so I know what setups are contained on them? Or they wont work if I rename them?  

You cannot really re-name them.  But just load it and do a "save as" with a new name.  Then delete the original.

Keep a backup with all the old names and also a new one with the new ones (preferably on a separate thumb drive).