Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv 59 , L2 Speaker, Pod 500. Dt 50, Vdi Cable

I purchased my Line 6 rig in 3 separate parts to now have everything i need to have the sound needed for our band. I write songs with acoustic in the song along with electric guitar and marshall sounding amps rolled into one song. I was happy when reading the advertisements on the products that i could use one guitar and all of this equipment to pull off my sound… Well its been almost 2 years and have not been able to do what i paid to do.  when going from acoustic ( which i think sounds weak no matter what setting i come up with or trying some settings from the posts) to electric. I cannot understand why line 6 would move forward in version numbers to download without addressing the damn popping sound that you get going from acoustic to electric or vice versa…… I am pretty pissed right now after spending 5,000 plus on equipment and not get the sounds needed and still dealing with popping sounds when switching. I see that someone posted to roll back to ver. 1.90, well 1.90 is gone so i tried the next one on the list and my sound was horrible… I am not an amateur as i have been playing guitar for 30 years…..Line 6 needs to make a video on this situation because I'm sure I'm not alone and to be honest  i wished i stayed with my les paul and jcm 800…….Can anybody out there make me feel like a fool and guide me to setting up my rig i just want to play rather than fight with the set up of the equipment…………Thank You

I'm surprised you can't get a good acoustic tone through the L2...most reviews are quite good in that regard. Running it through the DT and trying for a decent acoustic tone will always give you trouble, however...no electric guitar amp has a wide enough frequency response to do it justice. But the Stagesource stuff is supposed to take care of that issue...most others seem happy with it.

As for the popping sound...nothing you can do. We're all stuck with it until a firmware fix appears, if it ever does. I'm curious about your experience with the 1.9 firmware though...it was there a couple of days ago, last time I looked. Anybody else know anything about that? I can't check it right now...

I can see 1.90 through 1.70 when I click on "Rollback" in Line 6 monkey?  I am on monkey v1.65.

If you still can't see 1.90,  click on Support at the top of this page, go to Downloads, select James Tyler Variax and click go.  Look for Firmware 1.90 and download it.  In monkey click on "update from file" then find your file and you should be good to go.