Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm Plugin Doesnt See Sound Card.

Hi.

Probably to much to ask but thought " you never no"

I'm using a Stienberg vsl2020 sound card in a xp computer.

A thing called Console which is a Vst plugin host

and the latest Pod farm software.

For recording, I use an Akai DPS24 hardware recorder.

I've recently changed computers,so maybe there lies the answer because on my previous computer exactly the same setup worked perfecty.

I use the Adat outs from the Akai to the sound cards Adats in and the sound cards Adat outs back to the Akai Adat in.

Open up console, select podfarm as the plug and then connect podfarm to my sound cards in and out.

The sound card sees the output level from the Akai but Podfarms input is getting nothing at all.

I should also point out that although I had this working perfectly on another Computer, It was 5 years ago when I last used it and its a pretty good chance its user error.

Really not expecting an answer to this as its such an old and unusual setup, but thought I've got nothing to loose by asking and you never no.

Thanks.

as long as you  card has ASIO drivers available and installed, pod farm 2.5+ should see it.

any earlier version of pod farm would require either line6 hardware or an ilok...

but on the other hand, i don't think it needs to see your soundcard at all, if only using it as a plugin...

Thanks guys.

Blown away by the speed of response. I have a toneport di but just use it as a dongle. Yes, everything is licensed and authorized and using Asio. The reason it has to see the sound card is because that's where the inputs coming from. Say I'm playing bass, I route the bass from my recorders adat out to the sound cards input. Then I open up podfarm as a plug and connect it in software to the sound card. The Sound card shows my bass but Podfarm doesn't. I used it this way for several years and it worked great. Only ever record the Di, and monitor podfarm sounds which I could change to suit. I realise it must sound like a strange way of doing things, but my thinking is always " if it aint broke" The thing is, It is broke at the moment. 

Maybe you could start testing/debugging by starting from the simplest hardware configuration possible and adding layers/equipment one piece at a time. When things break, you'll know where to look for the problem.

For instance, connect your Toneport to your computer via usb. Try running Pod Farm in standalone mode (assuming you have the license for that). Does it work?

Standalone works great. I don't think the problem is anything to do with the line 6 stuff. All my line 6 stuff still works great. Even my Variax 500. Still going strong. Yeah, guess you are right and I need to start again. Was really hoping not to do that so thought I would see if it was something obvious that ive missed. 

Thanks for the replys though.

Cheers.

Getting somewhere and would you believe it, it was a matter of turning on a software switch in the VST host. Audio engine on or off. The only way to see that info though is to place the mouse over it. It then came back to me that I overlooked that before. After 5 years though, I'm allowing myself that one. Ok, so now the Podfarm plug is now seeing input and output but the next problem is only dry audio is coming back. nothing is being processed by podfarm. The tuner works but thats all. Any idea guys?

You may just have a monitoring issue. Do you hear the dry signal only while monitoring your recording, or is the dry signal the signal actually recorded? To test, record a segment and listen to the playback. Is it dry or processed?