Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Convert .jam File To .wav Or Mp3/mp4

jdkrueger

I've saved recordings to the SD card and transferred them onto my desktop.  However I cannot figure out how to play them on my computer to play in iTunes or load them on to youtube.  I want to be able to play them other than on my amp.  

I read the spider jam advanced guide and I didn't see anything that would help. 

Please advise. 

You shouldn't need a converter. I'm pretty sure you can save your recording as a WAV file while the card is in the Spider Jam then you can import it into your DAW. After you record something or load a recording currently on the SD Card press the save button and then scroll down to look at your options, you should see something that says "Save recording as a wav file".

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Another thing I've learned is that after I make a recording and save the wav file to the card I can just take the card out without powering the amp off. As long as I don't power off, the recording will remain in memory even if I reinstall the card back into the Spider Jam.

This is nice. Example, I make a few riffs I think might be good to use. Each time I make a riff and save it to the card I have to give it a new name by using the selector wheel. This can be a drag, lol.

So I make a few riffs name them accordingly starting with "0EW_RECO", "1EC_RECO", etc. I only change the first character 'cause it's quicker for me. When doing this I found out by mistake to not use characters like ": ; . ,", I forget which ones I used but when I went to read the card with my computer the file was corrupt, so I just stick to numbers or letters.

Hope this helps a little.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just googled Koyote and it took me to cnet download site. Works ok, don't think it does Jam files tho

I understand, which is why I asked before I just go and install more programs. I've got to the point where I need to know as much as I can about a program before I just trust it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

To All the members on this forum about converting the MP3 to WAV files, i have been pulling out what hair I have left 

over converting lesson files in to WAV files. 

I have tried to many converters to say, all fail. 

Today i found the best and easy free online converter that works very well,  :)  :)  :)  :)

the LINK   http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav

i hope this will help all, i think the amp is very good, just don't understand why they would create it this way when MP3 is best 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished converting the Lawrence Fritt collection of blues backing tracks from 192kbps .mps to .wav mono with foobar2000 (total about 1.45 GB at nearly 5 hours playing time!).  I've uploaded a screenshot of the settings screen.  Just import the files into the foobar (drag & drop works fine) and right-click (after selecting all) and choose 'convert'.  The ...... at the bottom brings up the conversion options screen, choose your options.  I chose .wav; convert to source folder (I'll move them after); and in Processing, Downmix channels to mono.  Worked like a charm :-)

post-2458566-0-22226500-1476496257_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...