Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 And Gearbox (problem)

Punkyboy

hello 

I just change my device from Pod Xt to Pod X3

Everything is ok in the Line  6 Monkey and all is updated

But:

When I launch gearbox a window of "Hardware memory window is launching at the same time"

I don't see nothing in tonelocker window (on the right) it stay on connecting en empty

On the left I see the presets of the Pod x3 

And I can not transfert from the right panel (because empty) to the left

e.g  copy and paste preset to another place 

And i have a Pop up that say

"File operation could not be performed

Reason : 0xfe from the server Forbidden.

if you running a popup blocker or antivirus ......

And also if I load some preset I have a popup that say

"This tone require ;;;;;; update your POD X3 to 2.00 or higher ????

If I take a look in line 6 Monkey:

- The usb firmware is 1.02

- Flash memory is 2.00

- Gearbox is 3.72

And all is updated

I tried to uninstall and reinstall all , but it's the same

Can you help please ???

Hello

Not really the same

Mine is

When I launch Gearbox,they are 2 windows, one the Gearbox, second the "hardware memory windows with all the tones of my Pod X3"

But In Gearbox, on the tonelocker on the right side I see nothing, it don't sync the right panel (in gearbox window)

Normaly you can see al the tones in your pod in the right panel ?? or Not ? with the Pod Xt it was no problem

But with the X3  it stay empty

But I need to use the other window,

And everytime, I must open a tone in gearbox and sync with the other windows (i mean the hardware memory window)

so for example

I need to open the tone in Gearbox >then I need to go to the other window (memory window) en sync

en every time you  change the presets you need to switch to the other window (memory window)

very boring!!

With the Pod Xt you could do everything in the same window of Gearbox!!!

Is this normal ???

Tx

Oooo I see what you mean. Its been too long for me to remember the X3 editing exactly but I want to say you are right, the way you have to do it currently does not seem correct. If you have the X3 setup right in 'preferences' and is updated correctly via Monkey it should work fine (should). The XTL fires right up in GB in one window.

Hopefully, someone more competent in this than me will come by and help.

Be sure to list your computer specs (OS, type) to aid anyone who comes by.

-Bill

Hey there (again) :-)

I've been looking at the older posts and such and there have been some people that had problems with Win7/Gearbox/X3.

Its crazy but if you had an old WinXP machine you could see how it runs on that. Does Win7 have an XP compatibility mode?

It must be driving you nuts. :blink:

Bill

So I try and install and update Java

Compatibillity xp

and NOPES don't work

look at this pic with this link

https://app.box.com/s/z8gbsrxdr1ddn5xet3pe

Do have an antivirus program installed? The window with the patches in it will always pop up when gear box starts that normal. I use and X3Pro with Gearbox. I never had the antivirus pop up though.

Yes I have malwarebyte's installed ??

But with the Pod xt I had the same antivirus but no problem with it !!!

Do you think I need to uninstall it or deacivited??

I think tone locker was like a cloud for storing tones. I never used it. I don't think it works any more 'cause it's not supported anymore, but I'm not really sure, I know guitar port doesn't work either. Can you use Gearbox now?

I think tone locker was like a cloud for storing tones. I never used it. I don't think it works any more 'cause it's not supported anymore, but I'm not really sure, I know guitar port doesn't work either. Can you use Gearbox now?

I did a little search and found an archived thread which may help a little. Here's a link

The first post below:

Was the gearbox tone locker issue ever solved?

by nokes on 2011-12-16 22:35:59

I just started having the problem of running gearbox, and not being able to access the tone locker.  I will get an error message that says 'please update to the latest version of gearbox' even though i am updated to the most current gearbox 3.72.  I also will get a different error message occassionaly that states "error communicating with the server... try again or contact tech support'.  I have heard of many others on the forums having this issue but i was unable to find a clear solution.

Please help.

kidnokes@yahoo.com

Edited by Brazzy

Check this archive too: Here's the link

Tone Locker Error
by grichardson on 2007-05-02 16:05:16

I'm experiencing problems connecting to the Tone Locker online with the error "File operation could not be performed. Reason: 0xfe from Server - Forbidden ..."

Others seem to have already reported this and in looking through their question's replies it went from it was a known bug to it had started working. So the only reason I'm reporting it again is if it was thought to have been fixed to let you know there are still problems out there.

For what it's worth I completely uninstalled Gearbox and deleted its files and any downloads it had. Then I reinstalled Gearbox and made sure with Line6 Monkey that everything was up to date - which it is. Also I have tried changing my default web browser from IE7 to the current Firefox with still no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Tx Brazzy

that confirm that I had no problem with my Xt

But wel with my X3

So I hope that the Line 6 customers don't forget who make the history of Line 6  Pod's.I mean the buyers of the POD 2.0,xt and x3

And not really the buyer of the HD's that make maybe the actual history lol!!

And let we hope for a patch or update of Gearbox k,for the Old users

tx again

Tx Brazzy

that confirm that I had no problem with my Xt

But wel with my X3

So I hope that the Line 6 customers don't forget who make the history of Line 6  Pod's.I mean the buyers of the POD 2.0,xt and x3

And not really the buyer of the HD's that make maybe the actual history lol!!

And let we hope for a patch or update of Gearbox k,for the Old users

tx again

Your Welcome PunkyBoy, I try to help when I can and I hear Ya on the recognition. I started and still have the GX, UX2, X3Pro, Spider Jam and now the HD500 and DT50 Head. I'm having a fun time learning how to use these things.