Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch Compatibility

JMolson

I am considering purchasing  Pod Hd Pro X.. Before I do I'd like to ask a silly question.. Exactly what patches from Custometone are compatible with the HD Pro X's editor and unit itself?

Are the HD 500 patches compatible?

HD 500X?

Thanks guys

yes. they should all work.

I am considering purchasing  Pod Hd Pro X.. Before I do I'd like to ask a silly question.. Exactly what patches from Custometone are compatible with the HD Pro X's editor and unit itself?

Are the HD 500 patches compatible?

HD 500X?

Thanks guys

Thanks, I'd read elsewhere that maybe they didn't because of different file extension names..  The Pod HD Pro X customtone library is pretty lean at present and dissecting other's patches is the best way to learn a device imo.. So that's important to me..

well yeah... they aren't directly compatible... they do have different extensions... so you need to change the extension, use the converter program, or drag and drop.... but they will work...

each of the pods have their own native extension, and that extension only works with the intended version of pod HD edit directly...

so yeah... some extra steps... but you can use them.

I've found this, which I'll post in hopes of helping others that may run across this thread that need help like I did in the "Changing File Ext names for dummies" category.. :D

http://www.mediacollege.com/microsoft/windows/extension-change.html

Unchecking the "Hide extensions for known file types" box was huge for me in figuring this out :unsure:

Thanks for the help fellas :)