Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Analogs Out Problem

Hi!

I have a problem with the analogs outs of my UX2. After connecting the output to my Edifier R2600 I can only hear noises. I can see the VU meters moving with every sound of my computer, but I cannot hear those sounds I only hear noises. 

I tested that the input of the edifier worked (connect the output audio of my computer directly to the Edifier).

I tested that the cable works.

I tested the analogs output individualy connecting a headphone, and it works!

But when I connect the ux2 to my edifier using the same cable, I can only hear noises.

Given that the cable is a RCA, I used two conversor from RCA to Plug to plug the cable to the UX2, the conversors are brand new (bought on a good audio store), could it be the problem? Or is something else that I'm missing?

Thanks for your help. :)

Thanks fflbrgst for the answer!

Yes I have two RCA - Mono 1/4'' plug adapters (image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187032/plug.jpg) and they are both plugged into the audio outputs :) (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187032/conector.jpg).

Another thing that i found is that if the RCA cable are disconnected and I'm playing my guitar I can see the Vu Meter moving (but when I connect the RCA -with the adapter-) to the analog outs, the VU Meters stop moving.

one more test that I made. If I choose the UX2 as my sound output device (in OSX Preference) when I press the volume up & down I can see the VU Meter moving, so the sound is going to the UX2, but I cannot hear anything from the Edifiers, just a "noise" (static noise I guess). If I move the output volume pot in the UX2 this "noise" is louder, so something seems to be sending. I'm clueless about this. 

Any hint?

Thanks!