Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wha Stuff

Steelmaster

Try it agian except this time push the toe of the pedal good hard push with your foot to turn it off. I think when you assign the wah to a position it automatically  turns it on until you turn it off. If the toes switch is too hard assign the wah to a footswitch instead. It's traditional to use the pedals toe switch.

• Upvote 1

When I add a Wha or Wah  to my effects string it changes the sound even though I haven't engaged the toe switch. How can I add it to my string and have it off until I hit the toe switch?

Here is an idea I got from Glenn Delaune for having your wah always on but not coloring your tone, just like a Bad Horsie.

Assign the wah to a FS to turn on and off just in case you want to.

Assign Exp 1 to control the position from 0-100

Assign Exp 1 to control the Mix  from 21-(55-62)

Now with the pedal in the heel position there is no coloring of the sound and as I press down it does not get that harsh, tinny sound the POD wahs seem to generate.  If it still has too much bite, assign the amp mid, treble and/or presence to the same pedal so they lower as the wah kicks in...

This really works nicely and you don't have to mess with the toe switch...  If you still want it to work as a volume pedal too, assign the volume pedal to the same FS so it turns off when the wah turns on and vice versa.

• Upvote 3

Here is an idea I got from Glenn Delaune for having your wah always on but not coloring your tone, just like a Bad Horsie.

Assign the wah to a FS to turn on and off just in case you want to.

Assign Exp 1 to control the position from 0-100

Assign Exp 1 to control the Mix  from 21-(55-62)

Now with the pedal in the heel position there is no coloring of the sound and as I press down it does not get that harsh, tinny sound the POD wahs seem to generate.  If it still has too much bite, assign the amp mid, treble and/or presence to the same pedal so they lower as the wah kicks in...

This really works nicely and you don't have to mess with the toe switch...  If you still want it to work as a volume pedal too, assign the volume pedal to the same FS so it turns off when the wah turns on and vice versa.

Nice !!! Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna try it later.