Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I Stream Music Outside Of The Remote App?

mrvibez

The remote app doesn't let you set loop markers. I have a few apps on my iPhone that do, will I be able to stream from them to the amp and still be able to fiddle with the effects via the remote app at the same time?

After reading the thread in that link I can defiantly verify that changing apps is a PITA !! I like to use Pro Band and have purchased most of the backing track packs for it. If I start a track playing and then go to change or adjust the tone settings in Amplifi it drops the connection and the music stops, then it reconnects and plays on and I can then fiddle with the settings.

A real show stopper if you plan on using it live for soloing over the backing tracks in a "Guitar Bar" kind of gig. That's why I got the Amplifi 150 in the first place.

The work around is to run the output of the iPad into a computer audio interface, record the track into a DAW, bounce the wav file out as a MP3, then copy the MP3 back to the iDevice in its own folder. Then open that folder in the Amplifis music library and jam on. Works great but it is VERY time consuming.

Oh, maybe a fix is in the works???

I haven't tried that yet. Can you still use the app to change tones and adjust volume??

You could, but me... I'd avoid using the bluetooth for any live application where I absolutely must have 100 percent connectivity. I'm afraid I'd be setting myself up for frustration. Instead, I'd find a way to stick with the four tones in the amp, use pedals as appropriate, and reach over and physically adjust the volume knob as needed.  Basically, not much different than I would do with any other amp.  I'd stick with a sure thing -- namely cables and what's already physically adjustable on the amp. If you need to connect "backing tracks", use the aux stereo input as Triryche has suggested.

With this said, the bluetooth feature is a generally dependable feature if used correctly (keeping iphone/ipad with a few feet from the amp with a direct, nonobstructed line of sight). It's great for jamming around the house, playing backing tracks, playing music and finding new tones. I use it everyday in this manner. But for live gigs or recordings, I wouldn't depend on the bluetooth.

• Upvote 1

In a full gig of 3 to 4 hours it might be a bit boring for me and the audience to only have the 4 tones available. The whole reason for getting this amp was for being able to carry everything in in one trip, plug in and go. I haven't tried any pedals in front of the amp yet but I plan on using a wah pedal and maybe a phaser or chorus. It would be nice to have more than the 4 tones but that has been covered elsewhere.

I'm still experimenting with the setup as my gig doesn't start until the end of May. Hopefully by then Line 6 will have some sort of update to either the FW or the app that will allow more consistent and reliable control.

Here's hoping anyway !

In a full gig of 3 to 4 hours it might be a bit boring for me and the audience to only have the 4 tones available. The whole reason for getting this amp was for being able to carry everything in in one trip, plug in and go. I haven't tried any pedals in front of the amp yet but I plan on using a wah pedal and maybe a phaser or chorus. It would be nice to have more than the 4 tones but that has been covered elsewhere.

I'm still experimenting with the setup as my gig doesn't start until the end of May. Hopefully by then Line 6 will have some sort of update to either the FW or the app that will allow more consistent and reliable control.

Here's hoping anyway !

I agree with you about the limits of just four tones.  This is why I've suggested via IdeaScale for multiple preset banks.  In this way at least, there could be 8, 12, or 16 patches to work from. Line 6 seems interested in this idea in that they have elevated the idea to "in review" status.  Nonetheless, people who think this is a good idea should consider voting for it here:

Add more preset tone banks to AMPLIFI

Based on threads here at the forum, it appears an Android app and use for the USB input are among the most requested features.  But for me (and this is just me speaking...), I think the most important things Amplifi needs to do is make the "amp" within Amplifis more robust, dependable and flexible for live application. To me, this means two things initially: first, more preset banks; second, a more robust and dependable bluetooth connection (if that is possible).  Other things come to mind too, but for me these are the top two for a working, useable amp.  Until then, I will be reluctant to take my Amplifi to gigs and favor my old-school Fenders instead.  Being first a reliable and useful amp should be Amplifis starting position -- all the rest are bells and whistles ( cool bells and whistles! ) that should supplement a gigable working man's amp.

I agree with you about the limits of just four tones.  This is why I've suggested via IdeaScale for multiple preset banks.  In this way at least, there could be 8, 12, or 16 patches to work from. Line 6 seems interested in this idea in that they have elevated the idea to "in review" status.  Nonetheless, people who think this is a good idea should consider voting for it here:

Add more preset tone banks to AMPLIFI

Based on threads here at the forum, it appears an Android app and use for the USB input are among the most requested features.  But for me (and this is just me speaking...), I think the most important things Amplifi needs to do is make the "amp" within Amplifis more robust, dependable and flexible for live application. To me, this means two things initially: first, more preset banks; second, a more robust and dependable bluetooth connection (if that is possible).  Other things come to mind too, but for me these are the top two for a working, useable amp.  Until then, I will be reluctant to take my Amplifi to gigs and favor my old-school Fenders instead.  Being first a reliable and useful amp should be Amplifis starting position -- all the rest are bells and whistles ( cool bells and whistles! ) that should supplement a gigable working man's amp.

I was on the idea scale site earlier today and voted for just about everything I saw !! LOL

Seriously though, I think a lot of this stuff will eventually get implemented, it just may take a while for it to happen. In the meantime I'm going to make the best out a really nice sounding amp/sound system. I've really been enjoying just listening to my music library through it. It sounds really good to my old ears !

I was on the idea scale site earlier today and voted for just about everything I saw !! LOL

Seriously though, I think a lot of this stuff will eventually get implemented, it just may take a while for it to happen. In the meantime I'm going to make the best out a really nice sounding amp/sound system. I've really been enjoying just listening to my music library through it. It sounds really good to my old ears !

I think that's a great attitude to have Guitarplayer, and I think Line 6 will implement improvements too. Just trying to help 'em rack-and-stack the ideas (based on my wants, of course. ha ha!)

• Upvote 1

I think that's a great attitude to have Guitarplayer, and I think Line 6 will implement improvements too. Just trying to help 'em rack-and-stack the ideas (based on my wants, of course. ha ha!)

Thanks for that !! From I've seen on Idae Scale it seems most of us want the same things.

For now though, I'm just gonna keep rockin.