Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Sounds Woofy... How To Fix?

justcrash

you can go in to the cab DEP parameters and use the low cut to reduce boominess.  It is really patch specific though.  The only global EQ settings are in Combo Front and Stack Front output modes.  If you are using one of those you can try that but more than likely going into the PA you are using Studio Direct.

you can go in to the cab DEP parameters and use the low cut to reduce boominess.  It is really patch specific though.  The only global EQ settings are in Combo Front and Stack Front output modes.  If you are using one of those you can try that but more than likely going into the PA you are using Studio Direct.

Thanks, man! I turn it clockwise to reduce it? Right now it is set all the way to the left. Is that the default?

I'm probably doing something wrong. I have it going into the PA, all EQ settings are set flat.

Even with the treble and presence up on every patch, I hear a lot of woof.

How do I fix this? :(

EQ is often more about cutting what you have too much of, rather than trying to mask it with more of something else. Cutting the low end is likely to give you better results than boosting the highs.

EQ is often more about cutting what you have too much of, rather than trying to mask it with more of something else. Cutting the low end is likely to give you better results than boosting the highs.

I have the bass set in 10%. :(

Thanks, man! I turn it clockwise to reduce it? Right now it is set all the way to the left. Is that the default?

yep, clockwise to reduce.  I find it more effective than EQ but it depends on the physical cabs you are playing through too... as far as how much you need...