Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Getting One Of These 500x Beauties

Brad_Ames

So I was about to spend ~500$ in pedals until I heard about this HD500X. Now I had an original and a pocket POD and loved em, I'm hoping this pedal board/ effects processor works great! How is it with a Spider IV 75W? Because I am also building a little practice 1x10 half stack with my BlackStar cab and either a Peavy Valveking micro 20W head or maybe a 15-Watt Orange head..what's everyone's experience here with the 500x?

So I was about to spend ~500$ in pedals until I heard about this HD500X. Now I had an original and a pocket POD and loved em, I'm hoping this pedal board/ effects processor works great! How is it with a Spider IV 75W? Because I am also building a little practice 1x10 half stack with my BlackStar cab and either a Peavy Valveking micro 20W head or maybe a 15-Watt Orange head..what's everyone's experience here with the 500x?

the 500X is an amazing piece of gear.  However, there is a learning curve to get the most out of it.  It is not well suited for the Spider 75 but should work very well with either of the two heads you mentioned and your Blackstar cab.  You will most likely end up using it in the 4 cable method which you can learn about in the knowledge base or Google for more details or just straight into the amp's FX return.  Both of those amps should be able to handle bigger cabs if you choose too.  Spend time reading the manual and then follow this link for more detailed learning...  Good luck and have fun with it!

http://line6.com/support/topic/6524-dt25-with-podhd500x-sounds-better-with-amps-bypassed/page-2?do=findComment&comment=47716

• Upvote 1

Cool! I've got it on layaway at guitar center, will probably get the 2-year warranty for replacements too, I love plinking around with line 6 stuff, maybe the next generation of "amplifi" I might get into as the software develops. I eventually want a DT head but geezus they're expensive, I hear the 500X works USB to computer as well?

Cool! I've got it on layaway at guitar center, will probably get the 2-year warranty for replacements too, I love plinking around with line 6 stuff, maybe the next generation of "amplifi" I might get into as the software develops. I eventually want a DT head but geezus they're expensive, I hear the 500X works USB to computer as well?

Just out of curiosity...how much are they asking for the extended warranty? Volumes have been written on what a comical scam those things are. Half the time they expect you to part with 20-30% of the purchase price for something that in all likelihood, you'll never use. If you were purchasing a $10K rig, maybe...but for something thats only $500, its thievery. Just my humble opinion...

We'll it's $90. And in the past (ceiling at college collapsed and they refused to pay) guitar center has been very good to me with the extra warranties, they even gave me a Spider IV as a replacement for my III when it broke. Does L6 offer any extensions? Cause they have a 1-year on pedal boards I think. Though on my SG I never got a warranty as I can fix it myself

We'll it's $90. And in the past (ceiling at college collapsed and they refused to pay) guitar center has been very good to me with the extra warranties, they even gave me a Spider IV as a replacement for my III when it broke. Does L6 offer any extensions? Cause they have a 1-year on pedal boards I think. Though on my SG I never got a warranty as I can fix it myself

IMHO, thats just nuts. All those Big Box chains got balls of steel. Just order it from Sweetwater. You'll have it in 3 days with a 2 year warranty...and no, I have no affiliation with them whatsoever...just a customer.

You're better off buying $90 worth of shoe laces than assuming another ceiling is gonna collapse on your gear.