Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vst Version Of M20d Technology ?

Hi everyone !

sorry for my english, i'm french :-)

i'm totally satisfied by my M20d.

i record all gigs and training with my band.

i was thinking, would it be possible, for line6, to create a VST version of the m20d technology ?

i mean, having all the processing, presets etc... from the m20d, but in a vst version, for pc ?

so we can work more easily on a pc to make a new mix with our live recording and keep the facility to have a good sound

Fred

or just mix in the M20d and then capture the main outs on the PC... 

I think an even greater idea would be an option to export the main mix in a single stereo file in the SD Card.

That way you arrive from the gig. Plug the M20d to your monitors of choice and mix the show on the console it self.

Than just press something like "export mix" and you'll have a finished version on the SD card ready to share.

I don't see why going trough the trouble of importing to the PC just to process it exactly the same  :o  :P

I do it almost like that now. But I have to record the main mix on the computer... It's a bit silly. It goes analog then digital again :rolleyes: 

Anyway, I having some issues with the recording part of my M20d now, so I can't record... :(  

You would need to have a LOT of DSP power available from your computer.  There are a pair of large Sharc processors inside the mixer.

The point of moving the raw files over to a DAW to mixdown is that you probably don't what your 2tk live mix as if it sounded good when performed then all the sound from the backline was heard by your audience that will not be available to the listeners of your recording.

You would need to have a LOT of DSP power available from your computer.  There are a pair of large Sharc processors inside the mixer.

The point of moving the raw files over to a DAW to mixdown is that you probably don't what your 2tk live mix as if it sounded good when performed then all the sound from the backline was heard by your audience that will not be available to the listeners of your recording.

I think the only point to import would be to edit the recording or to add overdubs. 

Other wise it's better to just mix on the mixer.

i do both.....i record both inputs and mains.....then mix the mains for a listening tape to by consensus pick the best of then i import the input files to the daw and mix there...i keep the board at hand with the setup loaded and using deep tweak up on the screen....try to get as close a sound to the board if i like the sound on the board on the individual channel on the daw.