Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Eq In Chain( Acoustic Patches)

guilhordas

Use the Studio EQ in Acoustic patches (no amps models too) mainly for gain at the very end of my signal chain. Using before may (but not necessarily) cause clipping/distrortion in the effects that comes after the Studio EQ.

Now this moves into another story ...

As you can see from my signature: I own all 3 JTVs.

What I can tell you from my personal (subjective) experience is:

- each JTV sounds sligthly different using the same guitar-model. So the guitar design (wood, fretboard, etc.) has some influence to the tone.
- Strat-model sounds best on the JTV69, Gibson-models sound best on JTV59 to me
- I prefer the JTV69 with my Warmoth fretboard for Acoustic sounds, also because of the thicker fretboard
- the JTV89F is killer for very Hi-gain lead parts; more hi-gain than the jtv59 and the thin fretboard is perfect for fast playing
- I have moved away from mainly using guitar-models on the JTV to mainly playing the mag. PUs on the JTVs: the mag. PUs sound best to me;
- I only use guitar-models on the JTVs for Live performance for Acoustic sounds, special tunings and special guitar sounds like 12-string E-guitar.

I own a Suhs s3, a prs custom22, a gibson sg standard and a fender plus 93, but after I bought my jtv 69 I abandoned all other, i love my jtv, but l am excited to buy jtv59p. Jtv 69 is my main guitar, but I reaaly dont like mags pickups of my jtv.I never use the mags, I only use models, the strat of model is much better than mags , im my opinion

The good thing on Line6 gear is that there are often different options to use it, which then fits best to most users (subjective) taste/need.

I like the Gibson Les Paul models pretty much on every JTV. But the JTV-models have a hotter signal than playing with magn. PUs to me. One point why I prefer the magnetic PUs.

Apart of that, i have changed the setup of my JTVs which also affects the tone slightly (mainly when playing magnetic PUs):

- JTV69: Warmoth fretboard (very Strati in tone and playing feel)

- JTV59: pick up covers (gives a more mid tone)

Thanks , wolbai, I own a jtv 69, of which 3 jtvs you like best, the sound of the models changes in them due to the type of wood?

It is like a painting from a master. You can scan it with high resolution to your computer and print it with the best printer you can get, but it will be easy visible copy!

The dynamic responsiveness is complete different between an acoustic, strat-style or paula-style guitar. The model-sound will only cover this dynamic vibration of the string  B)

But when I first heard the sound I was still really astonished about the quality. And there is no greater benefit then to change from an elektrik to an acoustic guitar within an twinkling of an eye in your performance ;)