Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is There A Feature Request Area?

Title kinda says it - I've not noted a specific place 'round these parts for F/R's, do ya just throw stuff out here and hope it gets noted?

If the latter - the one thing I'd like to see implemented/added would be an EQ - even just a single parametric band - that could be applied to a model.  Specifically I'm finding that the acoustic models can be kinda woofy at times, particularly running thru a "multiuse" preset on the 500x. (ie, clean amp, various OD's and such - but in this instance we're just running the clean amp, no gadgets). 

I'm aware that I can set up different presets on the HD, but in the live context I don't want to have to tap dance too much, there's a reason for the "multiuse" setups - one program to cover a lot of bases in a single song. 

I find that my "real" acoustic - a Yamaha APX - sounds great through the above presets, of course I can tweak the onboard eq a tad to dial it in.  So - some manner of simple EQ (accessed thru the Workbench, of course) would really be the icing on the cake for the acoustic models.

FWIW....

the tone knob on the acoustic models is sort of a microphone placement/low pass filter kind of thing already, have you messed with that?

Title kinda says it - I've not noted a specific place 'round these parts for F/R's, do ya just throw stuff out here and hope it gets noted?

If the latter - the one thing I'd like to see implemented/added would be an EQ - even just a single parametric band - that could be applied to a model.  Specifically I'm finding that the acoustic models can be kinda woofy at times, particularly running thru a "multiuse" preset on the 500x. (ie, clean amp, various OD's and such - but in this instance we're just running the clean amp, no gadgets). 

I'm aware that I can set up different presets on the HD, but in the live context I don't want to have to tap dance too much, there's a reason for the "multiuse" setups - one program to cover a lot of bases in a single song. 

I find that my "real" acoustic - a Yamaha APX - sounds great through the above presets, of course I can tweak the onboard eq a tad to dial it in.  So - some manner of simple EQ (accessed thru the Workbench, of course) would really be the icing on the cake for the acoustic models.

FWIW....

the tone knob on the acoustic models is sort of a microphone placement/low pass filter kind of thing already, have you messed with that?

Yup, absolutely - doesn't' quite get it where (I find) it needs to be.  VERY useful in a "direct" application, less so it the scenario I noted.

And Brazzy, thanks for the link!  I'll toss it out there, see if I'm alone here....