Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Complain Of The Line 6 Support Center!

Hello everyone! I'm guitar player and I'd like to complain about the support of Line 6! I own an Line 6 JTV-59 and POD HD500.I bought the guitar because I saw many demos in YouTube and I really liked what I heard! At the time when I bought the guitar the latest firmware was 1.71 and I was amazed of the good sounding accoustic guitars (Exactly what I heard on YouTube)! I'd like to say,that I really love that guitar! For me JTV-59 is one of the best instruments now in the world,but...The guys from Line 6 decided to change the sound of the accoustic guitars in the next update of the firmware (I guess it was FW1.80 ) and that was a BIG problem for me!!! I really don't like the sound of the new accoustic guitars! There are a lot of people around the world who share my opinion too and there were at least 4-5 ideas in http://line6.ideascale.com  from guitar players who wanted to have the old sound of the accoustic guitars! Now I'm stuck on FW 1.71 because I can't and I don't want compromise with the sound and because of that I can't use a lot of the new futures on my guitar in conjunction with POD HD500!

I wrote 2 or 3 tickets,on that issue,but the guys from support center said to write this as an idea in http://line6.ideascale.com/,so I did it,but as you can guess with no success! So I'd like to say to the guys from support center one "BIG Thanks" just keep screwing up your customers...! 

P.S.  I forgot to say,that I've suggested the guys just to give to their customers to choose which guitars to install when they upgrade to the new FW,or just to choose for example to keep the guitars from FW 1.71 , but to upgrade only the latest functions!

they aren't screwing you... if you like 1.71 stay there... problem solved.

you still got 100% of what you liked and what you paid for...

it's your "refusal to compromise" that is screwing yourself.

I and others happen to like the latest update (other people don't...)

it's a subjective topic and a personal choice.

i personally don't want "screwed" into accepting the old models because of your preference...

and they certainly don't want to maintain both sets as downloads.. they are significantly different.....

• Upvote 2

I forgot to say,that I told the guys just to give to their customers to choose which guitars to install when they upgrade to the new FW,or just to choose for example to keep the guitars from FW 1.71,but to upgrade only the latest functions!

I forgot to say,that I told the guys just to give to their customers to choose which guitars to install when they upgrade to the new FW,or just to choose for example to keep the guitars from FW 1.71,but to upgrade only the latest functions!

It's not a buffet. You're never going to be able to choose functionality a la carte, from across multiple firmware releases.

I for one, am very happy with all the models in the new firmware release...  However, i can't believe Line 6 failed to get permission from every sinlge registered user before issuing such a sweeping upgrade free of charge... Its really preposterous that they gave something so major away for nothing when there was even one lone user that preferred the sound of one model that he occasionally used late at night in his bedroom...

I for one, am very happy with all the models in the new firmware release...  However, i can't believe Line 6 failed to get permission from every sinlge registered user before issuing such a sweeping upgrade free of charge... Its really preposterous that they gave something so major away for nothing when there was even one lone user that preferred the sound of one model that he occasionally used late at night in his bedroom...

I think they should offer individualized firmware, catering specifically to every mad raving and peculiar desire.

I want mine to smell like bubble gum. YA HEAR THAT IN THERE?!?!?!!?!?....BUBBLE GUM!!!!!!!!! :lol:

you just need to accept 1.7x as your firmware of choices... limits and all....

or

embrace 2.x and enjoy the new features...

you won't be getting the option to have some of this and some of that....

they are different... and they are what they are.

I'm professional musician my friend and I don't play in my bedroom,but that's not the point here! 

It's not only me complaining for this problem...

I'm professional musician my friend and I don't play in my bedroom,but that's not the point here! 

It's not only me complaining for this problem...

Nice playing my friend.  From where I sit, the firmware you're running won't matter.

Many of us like the newer FW.  I also like the features that came with it - WB HD.  If you don't like the changes then stick with what you did like.  There is absolutely no problem with sticking with older FW.  You can change forward and back whenever you like.  Line 6 tries  to make everyone happy but that's not reality when it comes to personal likes / dislikes of the changes to the models.

Hahahahaha!   Very nice playing...   and OK, it's not your bedroom, it's your living room!    lol...  all in good fun...

• Upvote 1

Hahahahaha!   Very nice playing...   and OK, it's not your bedroom, it's your living room!    lol...  all in good fun...

You don't really know what  professional musician means don't you? Let me explain it to you! Professional doesn't mean a concert musician(player),but a musician who earn all his money only with music... gigs,studio works and stuff like this! I didn't say that I'm good guitar player or so,but I say that I'm truly not an amateur "one lone user that preferred the sound of one model that he occasionally used late at night in his bedroom..."

You don't really know what  professional musician means don't you? Let me explain it to you! Professional doesn't mean a concert musician(player),but a musician who earn all his money only with music... gigs,studio works and stuff like this! I didn't say that I'm good guitar player or so,but I say that I'm truly not an amateur "one lone user that preferred the sound of one model that he occasionally used late at night in his bedroom..."

This must be the famous "audio engineer" JohanSmith's brother right here.

Thanks for the definition of musician and for insulting the community at large for the crime of kidding with you.

I'm smelling troll suddenly.  Where's my axe?

This must be the famous "audio engineer" JohanSmith's brother right here.

That's for the definition of musician and for insulting the community at large for the crime of kidding with you.

I'm smelling troll suddenly.  Where's my axe?

What you smell is insecurity...

Crimony, I'm still shocked that after 55 years on this planet, I was being schooled on what a professional musician was.  Sorry, I flaked out a bit ;)

Well as long as you've got is straight now...can't have a bunch of uneducated clods roaming the interwebs freely, now can we? :P

• Upvote 1

OK dudes...the point was not to discuss who is professional or who's not...I just wanted to say that it's not fair to buy a product and to not be able to use the same sound as in the time you bought this product,but with the benefit of the new futures...anyways... Keep on using what you want and what you like,that's it...

Peace!

• Upvote 3

OK dudes...the point was not to discuss who is professional or who's not...I just wanted to say that it's not fair to buy a product and to not be able to use the same sound as in the time you bought this product,but with the benefit of the new futures...anyways... Keep on using what you want and what you like,that's it...

Peace!

Alright, I'm hip to the fact that English isn't your primary language and all kinds of nuance is lost in translation.  But here's the thing and Zap nailed it first;

When you bought the Variax, there was absolutely no guarantee there would be any further development past that day.

Now, realistically we all HOPE there might be wonderful new things waiting for us down the road.  And for some, they happened but for you and others, apparently not so much.  In any event, I'll give you one reason to be HAPPY with Line6 and their support:

They did not FORCE you update your firmware in order to use what you already have as places such as say "The Playstation Network" do at times.

You at least can keep the exact same product you must have loved in order to buy so if the updates don't suit you, you can at least carry on as before.  I myself forget that simple fact at times and yes, Line6 sort of feeds that hysteria by their marketing approach so that one expects and endlessly long line of wonder after the sale...but that just isn't realistic any more than expecting what updates they DO provide to be 100% wonderful for 100% of the people using the gear.

Hopefully, that translates well enough so that ill feelings can be avoided here amongst the faithful....Peace to you as well.

• Upvote 2