Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Strange Phenomeno At 2nd Input..

arislaf

Set on HD 500:

Input 1: Guitar

Input 2: Variax

And make a chain with first effect an analog delay (memory man).

When you play with guitar the memory man sounds.

If you play with variax it doesn't sound at all.

Anybody knows why / or can confirm the same issue?

It would be interesting if you can recall the configuration sequence you used to create your tone (and this effect).

I have been playiong around in the past with moving the looper between pre and post position as well as adding and removing Studio EQ as first effect and have seen sporadic differences of 6dB output as if the usual effect of input Same or not Same does not always kick in. I was never able to put my finger on the exact sequence of actions to make this happen. Maybe you see something like this in your tone. Have you tried tearing it all down and redoing it and get the same effect?

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunatelly it happens also with the Hold and Sample filter (obi wah or seeker, really no remember..) For sure need to check 1by1 all effects before we sent a report... As for me I tried JTV, Variax 700 and a Gibson V

• Upvote 2

There are some effects where the wet and dry signal are split left and right. I know Analog Chorus is like that for sure. I suppose the ones listed above behave like that as well.

but I don't think it could be the reason of this issue, because it doesn't explain why if you don't add any amp in pre, you can instead hear the effected sound

Sure it does. If you put an amp block before the effect, that's a dual mono block. That means that it's summing the two mono signals coming into and outputting two identical mono signals. So if you have wet and dry going in, there will be a wet/dry mix coming out.

I actually don't quite understand why the Analog Delay model behaves this way. The Boss DM-2, which that effect is modeled after doesn't have a separate dry out. The DM-3 does.

This is just one of the little oddities that appears because of the way Line 6 handles the stereo signal paths through these effects.

Ok, except of the delays that Nico is referring, there is also the Obi Wah that if you put first in the signal chain it completely doesn't get any signal passing through, guitar is muted!!! 

I checked all the effects, and spotted that those delays and the the Obi Wah are the only that have problem. I will start a ticket, NOW

• Upvote 2

sorry, but given the patch posted by Aris in the fourth post here, I took it for granted that we were considering the effect put before the amp, and it is difficult not to admit that in this case it is a strange behavior of the device, and I think that this is an issue that needs fixing..

Thanks fro the help Nico! Appreciated!