Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello, 

I'm from Brazil, sorry for my english mistakes in this post!

My line 6 was perfect, but a few weeks ago it started to presented problems...

When I use the Nuendo 4, or GearBox, or Guitarig, the sound of my guitar is ok!

I mean, the Input is ok!!!

But, when I´m using other player programs from windows, like Winamp, Media Player, YouTube and others, the "output" sound just crash and the sound freeze!!!

So I open Nuendo 4, or Gearbox, and the sound of my guitar (input) is ok! But mp3 sounds and videos no... 

I'm trying to found the solution for that problem for weeks in Foruns of Microsoft, Line 6, and others...

Some people are talking about AUDIODG.EXE or Windows Audio Device Graphic Isolation!

This devices started when I run any audio archive im my computer! But I don't no how to fix it...  

I have Windows 8.1. My drivers are updated!

How can I fix that issue? 

Thanks anyway!

Yes... 

I'm using the Asio 4all device. When I start my computer the device is ok: 

> Line 6 UX2

>>> Out: 2x 44.1-48Khz, 24 Bits (audio ok) 

>>> In: 2x 44.1-48Khz, 24 Bits (audio ok)

Suddenly the audio freeze (when I listen to music or see a video) and the Asio4all is like that:

> Line 6 UX2

XXX Out: 2x 44.1-48Khz, 24 Bits (marked with an X) 

>>> In: 2x 44.1-48Khz, 24 Bits (audio ok)

Important: I disabled the other audio devices of my computer (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Done... (i did this before but i'm trying again)

Driver version 4.2.7.1

USB firmware 1.02

Line 6 Monkey 1.65

Gearbox 3.72

Line 6 License manager 1.07

Asio was uninstalled...

I will test and come back... 

Anything about the audiodg.exe file from windows system? Or Windows audio device graphic isolation? 

Thanks very much!!!

All right... 

I installed Pod Farm and authorized all licenses...

I run the Monkey... and the lincense manager... 

Now I´m testing...

The audio don´t stop yet... 

I will come back for more informations if the problem persist... 

Anyway, thanks very much... 

It's good to count with you... 

F&¨$&$(&¨¨%#*)$#)*... 

I don't understand that lollipop!!! 

Last night I did all the stuffs that you say! 

The sound was perfect for hours, on players, youtube, nuendo!!! 

But now, when I was seeing a video, the sound stops, and the video to!

I don't now what to do!!! 

I try to desconnect the USB and reconnect, but the red lights just blink!!! 

I have to restart my computer!!! It's the only solution for the moment!

I can relate. I remember having trouble learning how to use the UX2 took me long time. many times I've had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for it and then you have to make sure it registered and sign into the license manager to reactivate the the model packs. I still have it and use it from time to time with no problems now. Best thing I can say is your going to have to spend time with it to understand it thoroughly so you can then enjoy it. You may need to optimize your computer (look it up in the manual) 'cause the UX2 uses considerable CPU resources which can lock your 'puter up. Be patient and don't give up. If you start to find your giving it up send it back or sell it and move on if it hinders your musical advances.

• Upvote 1

All right Brazzy!

Thanks for the help! I will accept your advice and move on with my line 6 Studio Ux2... 

One question: 

My computer configurations are: 

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz

4gb RAM

500gb HD

Mother Board Asus

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (video)

Wndows 8.1 64 bits

Do you think that I have to do some upgrades? Maybe the RAM memory? 

I can relate. I remember having trouble learning how to use the UX2 took me long time. many times I've had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for it and then you have to make sure it registered and sign into the license manager to reactivate the the model packs. I still have it and use it from time to time with no problems now. Best thing I can say is your going to have to spend time with it to understand it thoroughly so you can then enjoy it. You may need to optimize your computer (look it up in the manual) 'cause the UX2 uses considerable CPU resources which can lock your 'puter up. Be patient and don't give up. If you start to find your giving it up send it back or sell it and move on if it hinders your musical advances.

All right Brazzy!

Thanks for the help! I will accept your advice and move on with my line 6 Studio Ux2... 

One question: 

My computer configurations are: 

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz

4gb RAM

500gb HD

Mother Board Asus

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (video)

Wndows 8.1 64 bits

Do you think that I have to do some upgrades? Maybe the RAM memory? 

Looks to me like you have better RAM, CPU, and video card than I did when I started. Your computer may be newer than my Vaio AR630E. The thing is if you have a some programs running in the background that use up CPU resources you could have a problem while using it.

Theoretically you want use just enough of the operateing system on your computer to run the Studio UX2. I have the older red faced UX2. It should still work even if you don't optimize the computer as I have gotten away with using mine with browsers open with multiple tabs, and Microsoft Security Essentials running without a hitch and then there's that moment the computer just starts to give up the ghost, lol. I would try to learn how to optimize the computer. In my case I installed a dedicated operating system on my computer, one that is already optimized and it doesn't have any unnessessary programs installed . So when I start the 'puter I first update it if need be then I plug the UX2 in and open Monkey update that if need be and then check for UX2 updates. After that I turn off network adapter so I have no connection to the internet then stop the virus scanner in MSEssentials. So anyway that's what I did, but like I said I don't always use that operating system and it still works reliably most of the time 'cause I like to have access to the internet while playing and/or recording. Keep in mind I still use Gearbox with it and an X3Pro. I should probably get the latest Pod Farm but can't spring for it now. Oh and I remember reading the UX2 Manual alot, Hahahah. Experience is your best teacher.

Hope I didn't ramble on, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this problem also, and I have found that windows can take control of the sound drivers while running an app that uses it, and then it interferes with additional software being run, and if I remember correctly, I unchecked the box in windows 7 /control panel/sound/  and under the first window in sound/audio device, it usually shows first the left most tab on top at "playback device. Then whatever the default is, or whichever one is being used for playback of sound, select it down below (there is a few  and some will be disabled or not used.,

then the next window has a top tab on the right that is "advanced"  and there is a box checked giving exclusive control of the sound card. Try unchecking that, and also same for "recording" device, look for that same trigger named "give applications exclusive control of applications..  Try unchecking that one too.. But just for the record, I have found this problem is usually windows having default settings for the sound device that will affect using more than one app which needs it at the same time, and has that default which has granted the first app running needing sound, this exclusive power, and disabling that fixed mine before.

Just a 2 cent suggestion, but it could be helpful. Good to try everything sometimes..

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

Uber Guru stop saying the same things to ALL PEOPLE on ALL THREAD about the issues on win 8.1. I just read you many times telling the same  each time a guy ask for help with 8.1 and his line 6 device. Just tell people they are screwed up with win 8.1 because line 6 does not want to edit stable and compatible drivers. Guys just get rid of Line 6 and go for Focusrite or any other. Uber Guru will just say, as usual, in last possible defence that your stuff has been release 15 years ago and will not be support by win 8.1. That is just . Line 6 just want that you buy their last products instead of keeping your good old UX2 or Pod.........

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to thank you guys for inputting on this blog...I lost connection between my Toneport UX2 and Cakewalk Home Studio...which has happened before...usually updating driver does the trick...I tried that numerous times thru line 6 monkey...and couldn't solve the problem...I checked everything..even bought new USB cable..(which i knew wasn't the problem )...after looking at a bunch of blogs..i came upon the recommendation to download 4.2.7.1. driver...which was not the current driver listed on line6 monkey...and it worked !! ...thanks again ...appreciate the help...Greywolf70