Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sync A M13 With A M9 Or Another M13?

KWAII

Hi, I'm using a line 6 m13 since many years. The gear is updated on the last firmware version.

I want to continue of using my m13 on my first amp and want to use a second m13 or a m9 on a second amp. The guitar signal will be split in two signals with an ab box before the two 'm serie stompboxes'.

Is it possible to sync the tempo of a m13 and a m9 with midi? (m13 as master and m9 as slave).

Is it possible to sync the tempo of two m13 together with midi, and eventually use the second m13 to send midi clock to a eventide pitch factor?

Will it be possible to sync the loopers of the two gears with midi to be sure to not have unsynchronicity between two looped phrases recorded each one on one gear?

Thanks verymuch

;)

The short answer is that you can do what you're talking about, but the longer answer is that it might not work in a way that's entirely useful for you. The M13 sends MIDI commands that mirror whatever you do on it. So if you select a scene on the first M13, the same scene will be selected on the second one. In that scene, if you turn an effect on or off in the first M13, whatever effect is in that slot on the second M13 will be toggled. If tap in a tempo on the first one, the tempo will be controlled on the second one as well. The one thing I'm not entirely sure about is the looper. I don't remember if MIDI commands are sent from the M13 in looper mode or not.

The basic thing is that the M13 wasn't really meant to be a MIDI controller, at least not much of one. From a MIDI perspective, it was designed more to be controlled by a MIDI controller.