Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using External Preamp

Zhorell

Novice question here; will the Effects works with an external preamp hook up in the loop return? I'd like to use the Power (Bogner) section with a tube (randall rm4) preamps..

If not? is there a way to bypass the digital amp modeling? connecting into guitar input to utilize the effects? 

Novice question here; will the Effects works with an external preamp hook up in the loop return? I'd like to use the Power (Bogner) section with a tube (randall rm4) preamps..

If not? is there a way to bypass the digital amp modeling? connecting into guitar input to utilize the effects? 

Please specify which SV you have. I will only comment on the SV MkII (Bogner) here.

1st and 2nd question: No, the effects will be bypassed.  [Edit from SV MkII Pilot guide, #14: Power Amp In – ...You can then use the POWER

AMP IN either as an input from another preamp or multi-effects unit like the POD X3 Live or as a “series effects returnâ€.]

3rd question: Anything connected to the guitar input will utilize the tube preamp and effects. It's ok to connect guitar style pedal effects to this jack (like distortion, wah, etc..)

• 10 months later...

Hello! I like to know some technical parameter. I want to connect Gt8 multieffekt with "4 wires" and optimalize signal levels.

Please write for me:

Spider Valve MKII 100HD

Input level: ?dBu

and Impedance: ? Ohm

Pre out ?dBu, and imp.?Ohm

Power amp in ? dBu and imp

Thanks!