Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help With Hd500x 4 Cable Method Settings With My Peavey 6505+ Head

MASSDEFECT

Hey guys! I just got an HD500X and it is awesome. Been doing 4CM and following guides in the JVM forums and youtube. My settings are ok for the most part but I think Im still having some volume/tone loss somewhere in the chain.

Is there anyone here who got 4CM setting for 5150/5150II/6505/6505+ heads that's really close to the tone of the amp when you plug straight?

So far here are my settings. Tried this in gig volumes. I'm 70% near the "plugged in straight" tone.

Mixer ChA- -4.5db panned center
Mixer ChB- -4.5db panned center
Put studio Studio EQ before efx loop  
Studio EQ 80hz Bass +0.2db Gain +8.2db
Efx Loop setting- No Change
Guitar Input Z 3.5M
Input 1 Guitar
Input Same
1/4 out switch set to amp
Guitar in switch to normal
Stack Power Amp mode
Inputs setup set to Global
Back switch set to Stomp
Master Volume 100%

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!  

• 8 months later...

So I have the HD500x and am running it in conjunction with a Peavey 6505+. I do not wish to emulate tone using the amp models provided for me in the HD500x pedalboard, which is why I am in the Peavey forum and not a Line 6 forum. I am trying the four cable method and am getting absolutely no signal from the guitar. 

I thought there was something wrong with the way I connected the cables but my other guitarist is plugged in the same exact way. The only difference is that he is using the Pod HDpro in conjunction with Line 6 FPV Shortboard. The signal chain is as such:

Guitar > PodHD500x's "GUITAR IN" 
PodHD500x's "FX SEND" > Peavey 6505+'s "INPUT"
Peavey 6505's "FX RETURN > PodHD500x's "1/4" OUT"
Peavey 6505+'s "FX SEND" > PodHD500x's "FX RETURN"

The FX Loop in the PodHD500x pedalboard is also activated and located on the far right. I have also tried putting in to the far left but to no avail. So this leads me to believe that the PodHD500x is impossible to bypass whereas the other Line6 products allow for such. If anybody has a solution, I would greatly appreciate it. 

\m/