Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pardon My Ignorance... Fbv Question I Couldnt Find

so today i bought the mkII fbv for my pod hd pro x. first off , i have to say the manual for this product is probably one of the worst ive read since the early akai mpc days... that said i have sussed out most of what i need it to do with a lot of frustration.

but i find that i cannot assign fs5 through fs8 to anything and have it work at all. what gives? is there another step? 1-4 work fine but if i want to controll more than 4 effects pedals idividually it seems to be un able to do so? tell me this isnt a design flaw!...

anyone have any pointers for me?

You have a Hd500? How are you using the FBV MkII with the HD500? All 8 footswitches on the HD500 can be assigned to effects, be used for the looper, or to switch preset banks.

Edited by Brazzy

no no i mis typed sorry, its the pod hd pro x i was looking at hd pro vids to see if i could find something similar and totally brain farted there. sorry. to clarify i am using the rack mount hd pro x , and the fbv mk2 . i still havnt found how to get those  fs5-8 switches to work for anything but the default settings even after i re assign them to stomp boxes... odd and frustrating.

and thanks for pointing out my mistake! that would have got me no where fast.

no no i mis typed sorry, its the pod hd pro x i was looking at hd pro vids to see if i could find something similar and totally brain farted there. sorry. to clarify i am using the rack mount hd pro x , and the fbv mk2 . i still havnt found how to get those  fs5-8 switches to work for anything but the default settings even after i re assign them to stomp boxes... odd and frustrating.

No Problem, I'm always correcting my posts, Hahaha. That makes more sense now. Doesn't the MKII have 4 footswitches?

You have the shortboard?

Edited by Brazzy

yup the  fvb shortboard mk2 like on the link you posted. like i said i can get it to do most things i want now except utilize 5-8 as anything but default abcd

there are a couple patches where id like to use fs5 and fs6 for additional control but it aint in the cards... yet!

oh my effing god.... ok after hours of looking  everywhere i find a snippet on a guys blog.. its a setting in the hd pro x itself. jesus.. line 6 i like your gear but you have the worst most convoluted manuals of all time. for future reference , hold view for the set up ui on your hd pro and switch the controller from ABCD mode to FS 5-8 mode.

there really should be a better way of conveying that information instead of cross referencing two terrible manuals.

regardless , thanks for the help!

You can do it. I'm not sure I'm gonna be any real help right away except tell you read that manual which I'm reading up on as well, but I'm tired, LOL. I thought there was a program that you can install on your 'puter that you can use to program it though usb, but I'm not sure. If it's like my X3Pro a little you're gonna be finding a screen where you can set Tweak Controls. Press an hold the outputs button and check in there.

yea it was a easy to find setting once you knew where to look but there are no hints as to where or how you would go about changing it in any of the literature i had read about the controller. it works now. thats a lot of hours wasted haha time to make up for it with some guitar dorking now.

thanks again man help or not its always good to hash it out with someone , you never know what info you may get  out of it right?

yea it was a easy to find setting once you knew where to look but there are no hints as to where or how you would go about changing it in any of the literature i had read about the controller. it works now. thats a lot of hours wasted haha time to make up for it with some guitar dorking now.

thanks again man help or not its always good to hash it out with someone , you never know what info you may get  out of it right?

So True. I hear ya on the "hints would've been nice." Now it's time to crank some tones out it and your welcome.