Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is It Possible To Change The Mod Or Delay Pedal's Midi Message To A Reverb On/off?

Greetings, fellow musicians and gearheads.

I use my Line 6 PodXT Live as a midi patch/channel change controller nowadays with my Digidesign Eleven rack. Bank changes, effects on-off, tuner,tap tempo, and expression pedal work flawlessly. However...I'd like to be able to trigger the reverb on and off on my Eleven Rack with my Pod. As you are probably aware...there is no reverb footswitch pedal on this model. Is there a way to edit either the amp, stomp, mod, or delay pedals' midi message to trigger reverb? Thanks for attending the midi master class. +100 to anyone that can make this happen!

Is it possible to use the Reverb Mix CC to send a %mix? Either %mix you want or 0% mix for off?

I think that's how the XT bean can be set up for an external midi pedal for reverb control via expression pedal.

Just thinking - its a good question.

It's totally possible. The XTL is one of the PODs with a comprehensive MIDI map, so you can control virtually any parameter via MIDI. Reverb mix is controlled by CC#18. You can also toggle the reverb on or off via MIDI by sending the right values over CC#36.

It's all laid out here: http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593546810e/application/pdf/MIDI%20Continuous%20Controller%20Reference%20-%20English%20%28%20Rev%20F%20%29.pdf

It's totally possible. The XTL is one of the PODs with a comprehensive MIDI map, so you can control virtually any parameter via MIDI. Reverb mix is controlled by CC#18. You can also toggle the reverb on or off via MIDI by sending the right values over CC#36.

It's all laid out here: http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593546810e/application/pdf/MIDI%20Continuous%20Controller%20Reference%20-%20English%20%28%20Rev%20F%20%29.pdf

Thanks for the awesome post! One more question (because I'm at work and can't dig in too deeply right now..) That manual will detail how to edit the specific midi message each foot controller switch sends?

You know... I misread your first post. I think probably because I saw the second reply, I was thinking you were asking if the reverb on the XTL could be controlled via MIDI...

As far as changing the MIDI commands the XTL sends, there's no way to do that. It has a set MIDI map. I don't know if there's a CC for reverb on the 11 Rack. I imagine there probably is, but you'd have to look in its documentation. One thing you could do is map the command for a footswitch on the XLT that you're not using to be the CC you want it to be. You need a device like this: http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

I have one for my pedalboard. It comes in quite handy.

Sorry about that Phil. I've just started the midi experience and it get my fingers typing faster than my brain B)

Is this right? We cannot remap the XTL as its CCs for the FSs have a set midi map but we can use a "midi event trigger interface" to do it by dedicating a FS send CC.

As an option I wonder if the 2nd exp pedal could be set to %Rmix (IIRC tweak) and then picked up by the 11R? It had quite a few Reverb CCs (I took a peak at the manual).

Fascinating stuff - I am trying to make peace with a FCB myself - sometimes it seems there are too many options.

-Bill