Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wireless Variax Switching

I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to, or has any idea how you might be able to switch presets etc on the Variax wirelessly?

I was thinking if perhaps a bluetooth receiver could be plugged in the VDI on the Variax and send change messages via a laptop (Ableton).

I use a different midi controller called Gordius Little Giant 2 and I connect it to and control both my Axe Fx 2 and my laptop running Ableton. I was thinking I could get the computer to wirelessly communicate midi from my Gordius (midi controller) over bluetooth (perhaps) and change the patches on the Variax wirelessly.

Your thoughts?

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Just here to add my vote: VARIAX WIRELESS PLEASE!! Without it, the "dream rig" is not a dream. I have the DT25, Helix, and Variax, but in order to have the Helix control the Variax I need a stupid cable at my feet. No way. So now I'm on stage with my head down finding the next patch with my feet, finding the model on the Variax while saying to my bandmates, "Wait...wait...wait... OK!" Not a dream! Still better than using a cable. 

• Downvote 1