Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Get It Here: - All 30 Volume-leveled Pre-amps - Hd500 Set List

Voodoods

I've read that the pre-amps in HD500 are the best to use with DT50 and DT25, so I've put a setlist together with all of the pres as a baseline for my patch creation. The problem I encountered was that the volumes varied WILDLY and I kept blowing up my ears going from the quietest amp (Hiway-100 apparently) and a Treadplate for example. Of course one amp is louder than the other, but for home use, or testing, having these patches be leveled is a must

So I've gone through and leveled out (with the MIXER setting) all 30 of the pre amps to be very roughly the same loudness. There is definitely some variance. If anyone cares to correct them more properly, please do so and post the update.

In this setlist, Hiway-100 is the quietest amp- I have the db setting on the mixer maxed, so I used that setting as the baseline for loudness of all the other amps. Very unscientific, but now I don't get ringing ears if I'm switching between.

Hope this helps.

DT25 30 pre-Amps-leveled.zip

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I see that they're all panned hard left and right. When using a mono amp (DT25 in my case,) what are the advantages of panning hard left and right versus the other methods I've seen of panning both to center or muting path B in the mixer?

... what are the advantages of panning hard left and right versus the other methods I've seen of panning both to center or muting path B in the mixer?

I prefer using the hd500 channel A @ center while muting channel B except for a couple of patches in which I blend discrete channel A & B amp models. IMHO, it really comes down to a matter of personal preference. A beautiful thing about the hd500 is the flexibility it provides.

Unfortunately that flexibility can sometimes be overwhelming and slow the creative process through analysis paralysis. When I get bogged down scrolling through option after option, I try to remember that there is no wrong answer as long as it sounds and feels right.

cheers.

• 1 year later...

I've read that the pre-amps in HD500 are the best to use with DT50 and DT25, so I've put a setlist together with all of the pres as a baseline for my patch creation. The problem I encountered was that the volumes varied WILDLY and I kept blowing up my ears going from the quietest amp (Hiway-100 apparently) and a Treadplate for example. Of course one amp is louder than the other, but for home use, or testing, having these patches be leveled is a must

So I've gone through and leveled out (with the MIXER setting) all 30 of the pre amps to be very roughly the same loudness. There is definitely some variance. If anyone cares to correct them more properly, please do so and post the update.

In this setlist, Hiway-100 is the quietest amp- I have the db setting on the mixer maxed, so I used that setting as the baseline for loudness of all the other amps. Very unscientific, but now I don't get ringing ears if I'm switching between.

Hope this helps.

Hi Voodoods, thanks for your efforts on these leveled patches!  Quick question... did you ONLY adjust the mixer levels?  No other changes?  Just curious - thanks!

• 1 year later...