Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I Use My Dt50 With 2 Cabs - Or Left And Right Signals With One Stereo Cab ?

kisscool82

Hi everybody,

Can I send a stereo signal form my podhd500 to my dt50 head and then send dt50 head's left output in my dt50 cab and dt50 head's right output in my Marshall 1960A cab ?

Another question : my 1960A cab have a stereo mode. Can I send left and right outputs in left and right intputs and then have 2 amps models with just one cab ?

Thx for your advices.

I'm not using dt25 but dt50. On the back of the head there are two left and right outputs.

can I use 2 amps models this way ?

no, same thing for the DT50 as the DT25.  There is only one power section unlike a stereo power amp that actualy has two distinct power sections able to separately process the left and right signals.  A tube amp, any amp not specifically designated stereo for that matter will only put out a mono signal.  Your dual amp patches will be summed to mono. 

You can still power two cabs but each will have the same mono signal.

What about sending left signal from pod hd 500 into the dt50 head with L6link and the right signal directly in another cab from line output ?

I do that with a DT50 Head/DT25 Cab and a Spider Jam except I didn't use the L6 link, sounds great.

What about sending left signal from pod hd 500 into the dt50 head with L6link and the right signal directly in another cab from line output ?

Line signal directly from the POD to another cab?  The POD does not provide a signal capable of driving a speaker cab... that's why you need an amp!  If you want stereo, you need a stereo amp or two mono amps, period, end of sentence...

Cool !

How do you change analogic config on your dt50 (voicing, pentode/trio, class) without L6link ?

does anybody know if i can use L6link to send left signal into the dt50 head and the right line output of the pod to send right signal into another amp ?

what kind of settings to do that ? If I choose the stack power amp output mode, can I use the unbalanced outputs too ?

thx

Cool !

How do you change analogic config on your dt50 (voicing, pentode/trio, class) without L6link ?

does anybody know if i can use L6link to send left signal into the dt50 head and the right line output of the pod to send right signal into another amp ?

what kind of settings to do that ? If I choose the stack power amp output mode, can I use the unbalanced outputs too ?

thx

Good question, basically I set them and forget them. I didn't think to try the L6 link and an 1/4 out at the same time. Now I'm as curious as you, Hahaahaaa. I can't try it  'till I get my DT50 fixed. Also I use studio direct when I did this.

Cool !

thx

Without L6 link you cannot access those parameters within a patch.  You can only edit them by midi with a 3rd party program and save them.

You can tell the POD exactly what to send to your DT50 in the DT configuration tab under Setup.  Refer to the L6 Connectivity Guide from the POD HD500 Manuals Download page for details.

You can then feed the 1/4 outs and/or XLR to another amp for a separate signal(s) to be processed...

• Upvote 1

So it's possible to feed the L6 link to the DT 50 and then feeds a pa with the xlr's and feed 2 other amps with both 1/4 in outs at the same time. I have to work with later to see what happens.

Yes but be aware output setting defaults to L6 link mode (Stack Power or Combo Power) and cannot be changed.

• Upvote 1

Yes but be aware output setting defaults to L6 link mode (Stack Power or Combo Power) and cannot be changed.

Very important info here. Thank you very much for the tip. A tid bit that will save myself and someone else who reads this some time. All hail Radatats. When I come back with my 'puter I'll have to vote this up.

Line signal directly from the POD to another cab?  The POD does not provide a signal capable of driving a speaker cab... that's why you need an amp!  If you want stereo, you need a stereo amp or two mono amps, period, end of sentence...

Yes, I know that :D

I would say in another amp of course !

Cool, I have to test that !

More complicated : can I plug a mic with an XLR in pod hd 500 and assign it to the left signal with "voice" effects and route it to 1/4 output, and, in the same time, plug my guitar panned to the right, add amp simulation, effects, etc and send into the dt50 with l6 link ?

Cool, I have to test that !

More complicated : can I plug a mic with an XLR in pod hd 500 and assign it to the left signal with "voice" effects and route it to 1/4 output, and, in the same time, plug my guitar panned to the right, add amp simulation, effects, etc and send into the dt50 with l6 link ?

Absolutely... make sure you set the inputs correctly. Set up a dual amp path and put NOTHING in the pre or post section...  use path A for the DT and B for the vocals... keep the two paths separate with the mixer as the very last block panned hard left and right...  you can either leave the mic path amp block with nothing or try the vintage pre for your vocals...

Cool ! I absolutely have to do that :D

Do you mean I cannot use any effect before and after the amp model, even on the guitar path ?

Do you have a screenshot or a video to clearly explain how I have to configure my patch please ?

What vintage pre amp for vocal do you talk about ? I've never seen it :p

Thx for your advices !

So it's possible to feed the L6 link to the DT 50 and then feeds a pa with the xlr's and feed 2 other amps with both 1/4 in outs at the same time. I have to work with later to see what happens.

Hi all,

I can't make the 1/4 outs work at the same time the DT25 is on via L6link.  The 1/4" seem to turn off.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Tony