Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd 500x/ 4 Cable Method Into Ac30/ 2 Analog Overdrive Pedals

tkelly426

Im confused on how i run the 4 cable method into my amp and add my stomp boxes into the chain. i have a soul food overdrive and a joyo ultimate overdrive I'm wanting to put in there. Any vids or blogs i can take a look at? also we need some more in depth vids at how to run the HD 500x.

Im confused on how i run the 4 cable method into my amp and add my stomp boxes into the chain. i have a soul food overdrive and a joyo ultimate overdrive I'm wanting to put in there. Any vids or blogs i can take a look at? also we need some more in depth vids at how to run the HD 500x.

Put an FX Loop in your signal chain and connect your OD/Distortion boxes to the POD send/return.  That way you can control where they are in the signal chain and turn them on and off with just the FX Loop FS or keep them out of the signal path if you don't need them.  You may want a compressor or wah or something else before them so don't run them between the guitar and POD...  IMHO...

Edit - that was for a regular setup sorry... with 4CM you already have a FX Loop so put them between the POD send and the amp guitar in...  Unfortunately there is no real good way to set this up so you can also have them available using the POD's internal amp models with the 4CM...

By the way... what's the verdict on the Joyo pedal?  Is it a worthy addition?

Put an FX Loop in your signal chain and connect your OD/Distortion boxes to the POD send/return.  That way you can control where they are in the signal chain and turn them on and off with just the FX Loop FS

If you are set on going with the 4CM, then it's a different path, but what radatats said is a good place to start, in terms of being able to "program" the position of the two stomp boxes.

For what it's worth, when you set the input-Z to "auto", if you have stomp boxes in front of the main input to the HD500, the unit should automatically set the correct value for impedance.

Basically what he was saying to do, is plug the 1/4" out from the HD500x to the FX return on the AC30, and run the two pedals in the FX loop of the HD500x. The FX loop on the POD is actually a floating FX block, meaning, you can position it anywhere in the signal chain, and you can move it around from patch to patch.

In terms of actually doing the 4CM, there should be some pretty decent info out there. The thing to remember there, is the "output" modes should probably change depending on how you are rigging things up.

Think of "studio direct" as your amp in a room with a mic in front of it. It's a recording and PA friendly signal.

Think of "combo/poweramp" as the amp model in the HD500 taking the place of your actual amps preamp, and there is no microphone; just the amp and cabinet.

When doing 4CM, near as I understand it, you are using the actual preamp on your amp, instead of the preamps/amp models in the HD500x.

Here are some previous threads about the 4CM, and some guides for programming the HD500:

Pod HD 500 4 cable method

Tones by Meambobbo

Meambobbo HD500 Guide

Meambobbo Output Modes

Meambobbo Output Modes - long version

Meambobb Input settings

Another thread from the archive (input settings)