Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Encoders Lighting Blue For No Reason

Hi

Does anyone seen this on the M20d?

If I leave the console on with nothing assigned to the bottom encoders 3,4 and 6 (counting from the left) they light blue after a while.  :blink:  :wacko:

Pic: 

IMG_20140428_175950.jpg

Any ideas?  :huh:

probably firmware related. I think theres some bugs in the firmware that need to be addressed for sure.

1. headphone out jack looses right side after a period of time

2. The lag that occurs during use when 16 channells are active

3. During recording with 16 channells lag is unbareable

4. using more than one ipad = lagging

Been testing all afternoon... 

It happens in any setup, fresh or previously saved, were those 3 encoders are not signed to anything.

The 3 encoders stay blue even when changing between setups. They only change color when changing to a setup were they are assigned to something.

When I turn on the mixer the LEDs appear normal (turn off if nothing is assigned) but they start to very slowly light up in blue (fading in).

If I turn off the mixer and turn it on right a way (1m or so after) the LEDs will be on (blue) even during power up. If I turn off and wait 10m or more they will be off next time I power up.   

probably firmware related. I think theres some bugs in the firmware that need to be addressed for sure.

1. headphone out jack looses right side after a period of time

2. The lag that occurs during use when 16 channells are active

3. During recording with 16 channells lag is unbareable

4. using more than one ipad = lagging

Agree with headphone issue.

Don't know about using all 16 channels. I only use 8. But sometimes, I notice a very slow setup or scene loading. Used to be almost instant. I only have a coupe setups, with one or two scenes each. It was definitely after the last firmware update, but, it is far from unbearable for me.

And there is a couple other issues that I know Line 6 is aware of. I am still going to be investigating my "in and out" aux A channel which I don't believe is hardware related. But can't say for sure. Going to try the idea in the other post.

And I haven't had any encoder light up unexpectedly. But I guess firmware. It is a heck of a board, and I don't know the testing procedures, but surely everything could not be tested? Every combination of something we might do? I know I would be thinking "But who would EVER do that???". I am not a programmer, and have no idea what goes on. I would always be a beta tester though.

Likely not firmware. If it were firmware it would pop up on every unit. Probably a hardware issue that should be seen by the service department.

As far as scenes and setups. ... Scenes should load very quickly but setups take a few seconds.

Likely not firmware. If it were firmware it would pop up on every unit.

I am not the most computer literate, but I understand "firmware" to be very similar to "software". Maybe a bit of a combination of software and hardware? But if it is at all like software, then it may be safe to assume the same problems may very well not pop up on every unit. We all use them differently, with very different demands on the system. And likely very different procedures and steps to do similar functions. I think we all know that what happens in one persons software, may never happen in another person's software who may be using the exact same version of the software.

Or, is firmware much different from software and far more similar to hardware?