Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro X Connections To Poweramp

Didi1396

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a Line 6 POD HD PRO X soon and I was wondering how to connect it to a Marshall 8008 Valvestate and then to a Marshall 4x12 Cab. May I use the unbalanced output in the POD, and which one (L or R ?) ? I'm sorry, this will be my first digital pre-amp and I'm kind of lost in this all.

Here are the connections on Marshall 8008. Thank you. :)

Hi! I use my HD PRO with a Brunetti RockIt power amp and my experience is: do not stop your attempts in "power amp" output setting. I use "direct" output and cabinet simulator to have my best tones. Connections are important, of course, but, in my case, I'm "obliged" to use my power amp in bridge mode to "squeeze" more power from it, so I use mono unbalanced output (no XLR available on RockIt). However the settings' influences on tone are bigger and bigger respect connections' type. Ciao!

I use the L 1/4 out into a Matrix power amp.  AMAZING TONE.  To get the most output out of your rig....I'd say use the L 1/4 out, in mono, with the 1/4 output switch set to "line".  The POD runs at almost half the output volume when running XLR out to a power amp...cuz it's at MIC level I believe...so you definitely won't be loud enough or enough headroom to keep up with a loud drummer and/or bass player...running XLR to your power amp.  1/4 out and you're golden.  

• 7 months later...

I'm using the Pod HD pro into a Carvin DCM200L bridge into a Marshall 1960B with T75's.

I've tried all the output setting modes and the one that sounded best for live setting was the  "Studio/Direct" .

In the pods amp mixer Volumes "A" and "B" are turn up to +10db each side and the "Pans"  A and B are at 0% which is Centered.

p.s. XLR cable(s) are use for connection(s), I'm running in mono, but it also can run in stereo.

Hi! I use my HD PRO with a Brunetti RockIt power amp and my experience is: do not stop your attempts in "power amp" output setting. I use "direct" output and cabinet simulator to have my best tones. Connections are important, of course, but, in my case, I'm "obliged" to use my power amp in bridge mode to "squeeze" more power from it, so I use mono unbalanced output (no XLR available on RockIt). However the settings' influences on tone are bigger and bigger respect connections' type. Ciao!

I found the exacxt opposite of this. If you are using that tube power amp and a guitar amp, the best tones can be had using only the preamp models - no power amp or cab models. The power amp patches may sound good at low volumes, but once you start playing loud in a band it will sound undefined and just messy when ran through another guitar power amp. Best to keep it logical - using a real power amp and cab? Then don't emulate them again by using them in the pod.

This is just my experience, you can always do what sounds best to you!

I have a PODHD into a Marshall JCM900 into a 4x12 cab.  I use the 1/4 out of the PODHD into the FX return of the Marshall and the PODHD set to Studio Direct.  I use the Pre version of the amplifier models in the PODHD but I do use the cab simulator in the PODHD.  I found that I needed to adjust the Low Cut to around 150hz under the Cab Parameters to get the sound I wanted.

These are the setting I came up with for me.  They may not be what you need.  There's a lot of good suggestions in this thread on how to configure your PODHD.  It'll take a little time but you'll have a nice tone when you're done.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all

I was about lo launch a new topic related to this subject so in a sustainable approach ^^ i had my concern here.

Ok i do too

Pod HD Pro 1/4 jack in either EH Magnum 44 pedal PA, Peavy classic 50/50 tube PA, Rocktron Velocity 300, not so often i plug it in my bugera 333xl power amp -> 212 Harley benton V30 ish cab

But one thing is constant as soon as pod is plugged is power amp i have these annoying overtones, plastic, digital... i've checked physical connection amp level for Electro harmonic, line level the rest

I've tried preamp only which tend to rasp

Full amp , master lowest a bit better

with or without live cab 

But this is constant, i always have to eq after amp to find a natural tone, i've found to scooping the low mid , help to have a more tube amp like, with one big dominant in the bass and several dominant in the high.

Is that same for you ?

I found that the L 1/4" out was summed mono and was giving me that crankley digital thing over the top, so I plugged a 1/4" adaptor into the R output to avoid the summing of the two channels and that helped a lot. This may not be ideal for everyone but for me it gave me more consistent control in different situations. The L 1/4" output was too hot and then I'd have to program different patches for 1/4" out vs XLR out.

Worth a try...maybe...for you kpsion.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds interesting and thinking about buying rack mounted Line 6 guitar effects stereo processor with foot pedal and Amp profiler and putting it in my new guitar cabinet rig in  8 space Gator Case. I would sincerely appreciate hearing from any experts if Im connecting the following rack mount and foot pedal items up correctly and in proper order, am I missing any rack component,  and my key question is how will the Line 6 will work with the system:

1. Ferman Power Conditioner

2. Noise reduction unit ---TBD

3. Vintage rack mount Message Boogie V pre amp  

4. ART guitar effects stereo processor ..mainly for reverb

5. Line 6 effects stereo processor/Amp profiler.

6.Peavy tube amp 50/50 stereo 

Floor foot pedals include : Ernie Ball volume pedal, Morley Wah,  Boss chorus and tremolo. 

Regards,

Steve

6 hours ago, SWR123 said:

Sounds interesting and thinking about buying rack mounted Line 6 guitar effects stereo processor with foot pedal and Amp profiler and putting it in my new guitar cabinet rig in  8 space Gator Case. I would sincerely appreciate hearing from any experts if Im connecting the following rack mount and foot pedal items up correctly and in proper order, am I missing any rack component,  and my key question is how will the Line 6 will work with the system:

1. Ferman Power Conditioner

2. Noise reduction unit ---TBD

3. Vintage rack mount Message Boogie V pre amp  

4. ART guitar effects stereo processor ..mainly for reverb

5. Line 6 effects stereo processor/Amp profiler.

6.Peavy tube amp 50/50 stereo 

Floor foot pedals include : Ernie Ball volume pedal, Morley Wah,  Boss chorus and tremolo. 

Regards,

Steve

Buy the L6 gear and get rid of everything else. 

Don't get me wrong, you can run the unit with other units. But where the unit shines is in its ability to replace everything - yes, everything. Buy the HD Pro X (if you want a rack unit) and foot controller, or buy the HD 500X (if you want a floor unit), and then plug direct to the PA. Maybe even bump it up to the new stuff, the Helix.