Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't Create Clean Patch On My Pod Hd500x

isaiahb93

I just got my Pod HD500x a week ago and I am amazed by it. I have created some cool Crunch patches along with some heavy distortion leads. But I can't figure out how to create a clean sound! I don't get what amp I should use. They all come preset with some kind of distortion. I am looking for a Fender Reverb kind of clean sound, I am playing through a Soldano Tube amp and it sounds great and yes I have my it on the clean channel. What happens when I create a new tone is that it sounds clean and quiet before I choose an amp model but when I start cycling through amp models they all sound crunchy and there's no just clean setting. What am I missing?I just can't figure out what to tweak. Any suggestions of amp models would help. I am a noob to amp modeling. I spent to much time learning Music Theory and not audio theory! Just for reference I have a Gibson Les Paul, Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster, and an Ibanez Artcore Hollow Body. So it's not my guitars causing the sound issues. It's totally operator error!

I used the Deluxe Reverb amp and cab, but significantly adjusted the Cabinet "deep" parameters notable lo-cut and resonance. I created a very nice little Princeton clone that sounds spot on to me.  Princeton amps are noted for their pristine clean tone -- throw in a 63 Spring reverb and bias tremolo and viola!

• Cabinet Model Deep Edit Parameters
    • These parameters offer more control over the response of the POD HD cab models, allowing more customization than ever. Each cabinet model includes the following controls:
      • Low Cut: Provides a gentle High-Pass Filter with a range of 20Hz-500Hz
      • Res Level: Controls the cabinet’s overall Resonance Level
      • Thump: Controls the cabinet’s Low Frequency Resonance Level
      • Decay: Controls the cabinet’s Resonance over time
    • Note: Thump and Decay controls are affected by the Resonance Level control. When Res Level is at lower settings these inter-related controls will have minimal effect.

Also, make sure Input 2 is NOT set to Same.

What would input 2 matter? I don't understand all these technical things. I thought input 2 always needed to be the same when playing with a guitar through it? What difference would it make? Why is there even an input 2 option?

What would input 2 matter? I don't understand all these technical things. I thought input 2 always needed to be the same when playing with a guitar through it? What difference would it make? Why is there even an input 2 option?

It matters because they are summed and tend to overdrive the input of the amp models.

The reason there are two is because you can run two discrete signal paths through your pod to, for example:

- Run a guitar and a vocal mic simultaneously.

- If you have a JT Variax, you can run magnetic pickups through one chain, and modelled or acoustic tone through another and layer them.

See here

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/dream-rig/dream-rig-tip-1-layering-wet-and-dry-tones-r559

• Upvote 2

Great point.

Many people hear tend to set input 2 to something unused like Aux or Mic to prevent this overdiving effect.  I am one of them.

Okay guys thank you. That just solved my problem. I am new to all this stuff! I finally got my clean blues tone!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...