Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Extra Cab For Dt25

nikoniablue

Is the addition of a second 1x12 cabinet to a DT25 combo worth considering?  I don't need any extra volume but I wonder if it might smooth the tone of the amp a bit (though I'm not really sure why it should).  Any thoughts?

I did it ... and ... I am very happy with the result. Bigger, fatter, better, (all technical terms) sound. Hey, two is better than one right? Universal rule.

I have the head and cab as opposed to the combo, so when I stack them all, besides looking very cool, it gets the head up to "shoulder height" so on amp adjustments are much easier and more convenient. With a combo this does't work so well stacking as the adjustments are on top instead of the front? Bummer. But then, if you have the POD500 with L6 Link, you don't really have to get at the amp for adjustments so a bit of a non issue with the combo.

You can then spread the cabs out a bit on the floor which would also sound positive.

In any event, I still like having 2 cabs. For rehearsals I don't bother with the second cab but for gigs I always take the 2 cabs.

Next "leap of faith" will be a second head for stereo. Now that would be killer .... but .... expensive.

A few on here have done the two cab thing, so hopefully they will respond to this topic also.

I too have the DT25 head but with a 2X12 I built... 1 Celestion V-30 and 1 Eminence Governor... sounds positively sick... especially with my JTV since the new firmware...  Just a tad heavier than I wish for lugging around...

Unless you are definitely going for a matching Line 6 cab, consider a different speaker voicing for the second cab... can really round things out for ya...

Is the addition of a second 1x12 cabinet to a DT25 combo worth considering?  I don't need any extra volume but I wonder if it might smooth the tone of the amp a bit (though I'm not really sure why it should).  Any thoughts?

I have wondered this same thing! I have the combo, and since it's semi open-back, I figured the closed back cabinet would give it some nice extra tone; then if I ever get a DT25 head, I'd be able to do a version of the full-stereo. Time to work some more overtime! lol :) Too many things to buy and not nearly enough funds to do it all at once. I guess that's what makes getting one new piece of awesome gear so exciting - and when things like this new JTV firmware get released, it's like getting a new awesome piece of gear for free!

Speaking of new gear, I am eagerly awaiting my new Keeley 'Neutrino" pedal (and I'll likely be waiting a while, since they are still making them!)