Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Enhancements To Ios Amplifi Remote App When Amplifi Fx100 Released?

Shakey64

My guess is that when the Amplifi FX100 is released we will see some enhancements to the Amplifi Remote app.  Anyone know when it is due to be released, think I read somewhere that it will be May.

Anyone from Line 6 (Tony?) able to confirm my suspicion and, even better, what might the enhancements be?

So appears my guess was right :D  Latest version (Updated: Apr 30, 2014, Version: 1.01) available on apps store with following enhancements:

This version brings key user-requested enhancements, including social sharing of tones and local tone matching, plus new features to support AMPLIFi FX100.

WHAT’S NEW
• Share tones via Twitter from within AMPLIFi Remote
• Easily search tones on the Line 6 cloud from the main menu
• More easily save preset metadata by choosing from pre-defined values
• Get tone match results that include My Tones, even when offline
• My Tones and Favorites are grouped to improve navigation
• My Tones now include Factory Presets to help start your tone collection
• Expand/collapse groups of tones in your Tone Match results
• Favorites can now be un-favorited
• Numerous usability enhancements
• Bug fixes

NEW FOR AMPILFi FX100
• 100 hardware presets, sorted by banks
• UI updates occur in real time between hardware and app

Lot of progress there, so thanks V much Line 6.  ...now if you could make it so we can store more than 4 presets on the amp we'd be ecstatic!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I love my amplifi150 as a practice amp. However, I want a pedal board to control my unit. This may not be correct forum, but my question is.

Is the FX100 my only option to save my tones for use without wifi? As the amplifi150 only has 4 presets without app. Or is the fx100 redundant? I just want to know if purchasing the fx100 pedal board is worth the investment to create and store my tones?

Basically, I am confused about the two products and their interactions (amplifi150/Fx100 pedal board). Do these two products work well together, or completely different....

I have yet to find a forum that only talks about the two devices and their relationship. If you have found threads reugaurding these two products please advise..

Thank you... For any help...

Basically, I am confused about the two products and their interactions (amplifi150/Fx100 pedal board). Do these two products work well together, or completely different....

There two separate products. They're not meant to work together in any way, really. If you want a floor controller for the 75 or 150, you'd need to get one of the FBV controllers.

they are basically the same thing... only the one has an amp and speakers....

the pedalboard to control the amplifi is the FBVMKII (shortboard or express)

the express is limited to 4 presets in a single bank....

the shortboard is currently limited because the amp is limited...

but the hope is that more preset locations will be added in the future...

at which time you'd need the shortboard to access them.

but the hope is that more preset locations will be added in the future...

at which time you'd need the shortboard to access them.

It's actually more than a hope now...

From here: http://line6.com/news/general/1533

Additionally, AMPLIFi v1.1 firmware will soon be available for AMPLIFi 150 and 75. The update gives guitarists access to 100 onboard presets, sorted by banks, so they can access all the presets they need for any gig.

Thank you all for your feedback, I will be purchasing one of the FBV foot controllers.  

Thanks again.

One thing to remember is that even when the extra banks are added to the 75 and 100, you will still only be able to access 4 with the Express. There's no way to switch banks with that controller. You'll need the FBV MKii to do that.