Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem/ Malfunction With 'blues' Setting When Switching Between Custom Tones On Spider Iv 75.

Hello,

I'm having this very irritating issue at the moment.

Basically, I've created a custom tone using the red 'Blues' setting on my Spider IV 75 amp. Sometimes when I switch to it, it's how I want it to be. Then other times it seems like all the mids have been scooped out, or like I've turned the tone down on my guitar when I clearly haven't. It's 50/50 as to which tone I will get.

I used 'Spider Edit' to create the tone, which I have saved.

My amp and FBV Express MKII pedal both have the latest firmware.

Since discovering this problem, I've tried factory resetting the amp then re-sending the tone to the amp, and also just re- saving the tone using the amp itself. But the problem still remains.

Has anyone else had this, or a similar issue? It's doing my nut in.

I'd appreciate some help or advice.

Many thanks.

Have you saved this custom tone to a user preset patch location?  In Spider Edit you do this by 'drag and drop' and it overwrites the patch that had previously been in that user location.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I saved it over one of the presets in location 12C. I just edited the patch that was already in that location, saved it, then 'send selected' to the amp.

It only seems to be a problem with this one patch, using my custom red 'blues' setting. I don't understand why that would be.

I've tried deleting and re saving the patch, factory resetting etc. Nothing seems to be solving the problem. It's incredibly annoying.

Have you tried saving the changed patch in a different patch location?  Do you have the amp firmware updated to current revision?

Yeah, I have tried saving it in a different location, and as previously mentioned, I do have the latest firmware.

In the end, I have just ended up changing the setting from red 'blues' to green 'blues', and there is no problem. But it's still quite annoying in principal.