Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

As I think I've mentioned elsewhere, I have a JTV59 plus a POD HD500 which I play through a pair of Tech 21 Power Engines.  I was just watching a knowledge base video where Sean Halley had this setup:

JTV69 -> POD HD500 (via VDI cable) -> DT25 (via L6 Link) and also had the left/right XLR run into a pair of mic pres and then into Pro Tools.

This got me to thinking again that if I were to get a DT25 amp, this would be where my electric guitar was played through via the Line 6 Link capabilites.  I would use the DT25 as my stage monito, and take the XLR Cabinet Simulated output to the FOH.  I could ALSO connect the XLR outs to the FOH for acoustic tones and maybe even select electric tones if they sounded better.

Do I have this right in my head, or is there a major flaw in my thinking BEFORE I pull the trigger on the DT25?

Do I have this right in my head, or is there a major flaw in my thinking BEFORE I pull the trigger on the DT25?

I think you have it right but be aware, as soon as you are connected with L6 link to the DT, the POD will automatically switch to Combo Power or Studio Power and cannot be changed... it may affect the tone going to the Lseries...

I don't have the L series but did try to do the same thing with my regular stereo power amp and speakers and I could not get a tone I liked from my system.  Sean did however, so I would say you need to just be aware of this as a potential issue...

Hmmm, so you're saying that once the Line 6 Link is connected, that it changes the output mode of the POD?

Interesting indeed.

Absolutely... I keep my POD set to Studio Direct and it is connected to both my stereo rig by 1/4 outs and my DT by L6 link...  the moment I turn on the DT the POD automatically switches to Stack Power and I can't switch it back...  as soon as I turn off the DT it switches right back to Studo Direct...

Absolutely... I keep my POD set to Studio Direct and it is connected to both my stereo rig by 1/4 outs and my DT by L6 link...  the moment I turn on the DT the POD automatically switches to Stack Power and I can't switch it back...  as soon as I turn off the DT it switches right back to Studo Direct...

Well, in a word -- that sucks.  Thanks radatats....