Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So I Finally Jumped Ship, Dumped My Hd500 And The Last Of My Line 6 Gear.

EOengineer

I will start by saying that I have been a strong supporter of Line 6 from the beginning, and have enjoyed many of the products immensely.  Some pieces I even consider potential favorites in hindsight.  Started with the original red bean, moved on to the XT, and because I was so thrilled with the support and lifecycle of that product, ended up purchasing an XT live, and a Vetta for various gigging/engineering duties.  My favorite purchase was PodFarm, which was hugely useful in production work across many sources and settings.

I have to say something feels amiss right now.  I lost the ability to use Podfarm last year after selling my XTL, which was tied to the software license.  My Vetta went on the blink about 18 months after purchasing it, my other XTL started freezing and becoming unresponsive,the USB port bailed and eventually just died.

I hung in there and looked past it, because I so appreciated the XT series devices and lifecycle.  Being a software developer myself, I know how resource intensive it can be to continually dedicate resources to aging hardware.  I really felt like Line 6 went above and beyond to continue to add value to that product.  That was enough for me to stay on the Line 6 wagon, even amongst the hardware issues.

The combination of loosing my PodFarm capability, and what I personally feel to be a lackluster release and support of the HD500 has finally convinced me to pursue offerings from other companies.  The license scheme for that product was a nightmare, and I still read stories of people feeling burned by it.  Furthermore, I just dont see any meaningful movement on Line 6 on the software front, as if the software development shut its doors.  Instead we have all kinds of full range speakers and new platform releases...I can't help like some of us are being left in the dust here as Line 6 tries to find its identity.

Get back to making software guys.  Its what you did best, and its what people want from you.  

• Upvote 1

the pod farm license was a means to provide you the same hardware capabilities in your computer environment.

you get rid of the hardware... the license goes with it... a pretty simple uncomplicated way to deal with it...

whomever has the hardware has license to use it's capabilities.

i'm sorry if this left you feeling burned or you simply didn't know...

but it does make sense.. the new owner should get the capabilities of the hardware.

pod farm licenses are available and have been available independent of the hardware for some time.

If it was not worth pursuing that option for you, then it was not worth pursuing....

every successful company diversifies their offerings, or else they could sink quite quickly on a single investment.

I assure you that they are continuing their work, and will release many things in the future...

with the recent acquisition by Yamaha, there is sure to be many exciting things in the future.

in any case, good luck with your tone search.

What I'm missing about the software after the XT era, is the "integration" things.

Last time, I can always record dry signal to my DAW. whatever sound I heard on my XT Live hardware, can be "replicated" easily on my recorded dry signal inside my DAW using POD Farm.

Anytime I play around with my XT Live, and found more preferred sound, I can directly go into my DAW, change the settings on my POD Farm, and viola.. I heard the same sound, without need to re-record again.

Now, with the HD era. no more can be done, unless, if there's a POD Farm HD.

But, I'm still upgrading to the latest gear and love my Line 6 gears until now :D

EDIT: Sorry I mistaken with the models name.. the the XT i mentioned above should be the X3..

the pod farm license was a means to provide you the same hardware capabilities in your computer environment.

you get rid of the hardware... the license goes with it... a pretty simple uncomplicated way to deal with it...

whomever has the hardware has license to use it's capabilities.

i'm sorry if this left you feeling burned or you simply didn't know...

but it does make sense.. the new owner should get the capabilities of the hardware.

pod farm licenses are available and have been available independent of the hardware for some time.

If it was not worth pursuing that option for you, then it was not worth pursuing....

every successful company diversifies their offerings, or else they could sink quite quickly on a single investment.

I assure you that they are continuing their work, and will release many things in the future...

with the recent acquisition by Yamaha, there is sure to be many exciting things in the future.

in any case, good luck with your tone search.

I am not so sure of this.  I had a PodXT bean and I used it to access GuitarPort (remember that?).  When that service tanked, Line6 comped me POD Farm 2.5 and I had already purchased the model packs (Collector's Classics, Metal Shop, FX Junkie) and when I sold the POD, I deauthorized those model packs.  As a result, I have available the Pod FArm and those extra models within the various DAWS I use, as well as the ability to use Pod Farm "stand alone" to make XT level tones on my computer.  So in my opinion, if you do it right and deauthorize your hardware AND you own Pod Farm -- it ought to still be useable as it is for me.

i'm 100% sure of it.

when they comped you a license they gave you the standalone license, not the included on purchase hardware tied license.... big difference if you move on from the hardware.

in fact you could have left the model packs authorized on the XT (up to 4 devices or computers at one time) and you still would have had access to them.

the new owner would have lost the licenses first time they upgraded though... and probably would have been very upset if that was a part of his tones!

this is the BIG difference between a license acquired outside of the hardware purchase and one that comes with....

i'm 100% sure of it.

when they comped you a license they gave you the standalone license, not the included on purchase hardware tied license.... big difference if you move on from the hardware.

in fact you could have left the model packs authorized on the XT (up to 4 devices or computers at one time) and you still would have had access to them.

the new owner would have lost the licenses first time they upgraded though... and probably would have been very upset if that was a part of his tones!

this is the BIG difference between a license acquired outside of the hardware purchase and one that comes with....

Cool, that makes sense.  However, I bought the Model packs for the XT originally, but I guess that was only because I owned ONLY that at the time.  I believe there was (is?) a Pod Farm "free" version at one time, wasn't there?  I seem to rmeember it in the Monkey lineup when I still had the XT.  Thanks Zap.

yeah pod farm 1.x comes free with the x3's and i think the xt's as well (not 100% on that)

there is also a free trial version of pod farm 2.5x with a couple of amps.

back in the XT days you needed separate model packs for each device or use...

they changed that to be account based and allowed the 4 simultaneous uses.

didn't matter much early on... because it all required line6 hardware one way or the other...

since pod farm 2.5x it's a way cool feature since you can have several machines ready to go...

i used to mix and tweak stuff on my laptop... not that portable if you have to drag along the XT to authorize! hahah

yeah pod farm 1.x comes free with the x3's and i think the xt's as well (not 100% on that)

back in the XT days you needed separate model packs for each device or use...

they changed that to be account based and allowed the 4 simultaneous uses.

didn't matter much early on... because it all required line6 hardware one way or the other...

since pod farm 2.5x it's a way cool feature since you can have several machines ready to go...

i used to mix and tweak stuff on my laptop... not that portable if you have to drag along the XT to authorize! hahah

What's cool about it for me is that it shows up as a VST plug in on Reaper and Abletone Live, and also as a native element of Reason 7 which doesn't even support VSTs at all.  Propellerheads relationship with Line6 was (is still?) deep at one point, because the only guitar amp facilities native within Reason are Line 6's XT models.  When I throw a Line6 "amp" in the rack, all of the models are available to me including the Model Packs.  In Reaper, I just add a VST to the chain for whatever I am trying to do, including compressors, chorus or whatever else.  Very cool too.

People in the Reason community witch about the amp models, and indeed there is now a couple of products from Kuassa that are pretty excellent and better suited to that environment in many ways, but now I am wandering way off the topic at hand.

it is my understanding that Line6 and propellerhead have amicably ended their partnership.

i do love the plugin use... allowed me to perform once and tweak forever! haha

but when it comes to workflow... forward motion is better than treading water...

which is where i'd be if i had to re-perform every time i had a new idea.

What's cool about it for me is that it shows up as a VST plug in on Reaper and Abletone Live, and also as a native element of Reason 7 which doesn't even support VSTs at all.  Propellerheads relationship with Line6 was (is still?) deep at one point, because the only guitar amp facilities native within Reason are Line 6's XT models.  When I throw a Line6 "amp" in the rack, all of the models are available to me including the Model Packs.  In Reaper, I just add a VST to the chain for whatever I am trying to do, including compressors, chorus or whatever else.  Very cool too.

People in the Reason community witch about the amp models, and indeed there is now a couple of products from Kuassa that are pretty excellent and better suited to that environment in many ways, but now I am wandering way off the topic at hand.

I have owned several Line 6 devices and still rely on the HD500.

I guess my concern would be the following...when Line 6 came out with modelling initially a milllion years ago it was way ahead of the curve...they developed a unique, amazing technology which was a real game changer. Fast forward several years and everyone has a device with modelling and other vendors have improved capabilities like the Kemper and Axe Fx. What keeps me with line 6 is the price point for now. I guess I am waiting for the next big creative thing, not simply a chipset upgrade or new buttons or even proper EQ labelling  :)  . I know it is hard to be innovative all the time but to simply ride out your past accomplishments when the field is getting much more congested makes Line 6 less of a standout.

Quite frankly if Axe-Fx or Kemper (insert several other manufacturers) came out with a low end version of their product the choice would not be as easy as a wallet decision.

With that said, I like Line 6, I would like them to remain a top contender...

Anyway, good luck to you and your new tone search. What did you end up with????????????

-Rick

Pursue what options from what other companies ?  Unless you're going to spend a LOT more money on AXE or Kemper, there's nothing else that compares.  Line6 knows this.  Until that changes, there's no reason for Line6 to do anything.

Pursue what options from what other companies ?  Unless you're going to spend a LOT more money on AXE or Kemper, there's nothing else that compares.  Line6 knows this.  Until that changes, there's no reason for Line6 to do anything.

But it's also possible that he went to a Boss GT-100 which is an excellent competitor to the HD Series IMHO.  Line6 is certainly not the only player in the "non stratispherically priced modelling" market.  There is also Eleven Rack with Ground Control under a grand as well.  Plus Fender makes a Mustang floor that is actually quite good, although not as sophisticated and then there is Zoom too.

yeah, Line6 has things to worry about in this space, no doubt.

• Upvote 1

It would be nice to have an HD POD Farm to perhaps reamp current performances but not a big deal for me personally.  As far as jumping ship?  I can't even imagine what would get me to move from the current JTV/POD HD/DT combination.  Maybe another company comes up with a slightly better sounding amp sim but as far as it all working smoothly together like this, not likely...  At this point I am all in with Line 6 and I have zero interest in going any other direction for my modeling or tone.

However, I am always open to the final physical component - amp/speaker/cab.  I have the DT25 head and a 2X12 and a Rocktron Velocity 300 with a pair of Peavey cabs and frankly, that can be a PITA to lug around.  I am still open to another FRFR rig combination and will consider other than Line 6 but really just because of the price point.  If dollars weren't a consideration I would stay in brand without question.

Guess I just qualified as a "fan boy"... lol... :huh:

Line 6 needs to watch those Fender Mustangs. They are not a competator for HD/DT units yet. But I played one in GC the other day to see how it was. I expected the Fender models to be on target but what suprised me was the Higher gain models were pretty dang good too. And the whole thing for like 300-400 bucks. But it didn't have the intergration of type of software control L6 has. I suppose it would be more of competator in the Spider series. But if Fender keeps developing it they could become take a good chunck out of Line6 business. 

I know I'm not game for switching yet. In fact I'm re-gearing now to more currnet L6 products (got my DT25 combo yesterday!) . But if Fender could offer me a real competition at the same or lower price point, yea I would at least consider it.

To Palico; I totally agree dude. Those mustangs have come A LONG way since they were first introduced. I thought the first gen ones were wayyyy too fizzy/hairy in the top end on the high gain stuff, and thought all the high gain models sounded the same, but they're catching up quick. Peavey's REALLY innovating on that front with the Vypyr VIPs and the Pros look stellar too! Revalver MkIV is looking pretty badass too.

Makes me doubt the L6 official line that they can't/aren't making money in the mid-to-high-end modeling amp market and resorting to stuff like amplifi because these big companies (peavey, fender, etc) seem to be pouring a lot of resources into innovating in these categories. These big companies market research can't be THAT different from L6's can it?

Ok, what new features?  I'm a sucker for cool, new features man.

GT-100 Version 2.0—Newly Added Features

- Two new amp models: BGNR UB Metal and ORNG Rock Reverb

- New MDP effects powered by innovative BOSS technology: Tera Echo, Overtone, and A-DIST

- Rotary 2 and Acoustic Guitar Simulator effects types added

- Monophonic guitar-to-MIDI conversion from normal 1/4-inch guitar input

- Enhanced USB audio/MIDI interface with multi-channel operation for flexible recording and efficient re-amping

- Polyphonic tuner function

- Support for BOSS TONE STUDIO editor/librarian for Mac/Windows and new GT-100 Version 2.0 patches, available for free at bosstonecentral.com

- Version 2.0 software available as a free download for all GT-100 owners

GT-100 Version 2.0—Newly Added Features

- Two new amp models: BGNR UB Metal and ORNG Rock Reverb

- New MDP effects powered by innovative BOSS technology: Tera Echo, Overtone, and A-DIST

- Rotary 2 and Acoustic Guitar Simulator effects types added

- Monophonic guitar-to-MIDI conversion from normal 1/4-inch guitar input

- Enhanced USB audio/MIDI interface with multi-channel operation for flexible recording and efficient re-amping

- Polyphonic tuner function

- Support for BOSS TONE STUDIO editor/librarian for Mac/Windows and new GT-100 Version 2.0 patches, available for free at bosstonecentral.com

- Version 2.0 software available as a free download for all GT-100 owners

I see also they support wet/dry recording over USB....a subject just recently discussed.  I've been pretty happy with my HD500 of late, especially since the recent upgrades to my JTV59...

PF never came with the xt's by default, but I think they might have run a promotion for a short time that if you purchase an xt live you get PF, I know they did it with one of the amps

ok, but if you paid extra for pod farm 1, it still required line6 hardware... unfortunately...

in order to have full use of pod farm without line6 hardware you'd need a pod farm 2.5+ license.

so it possible to have a paid license and still lose it, it seems.

the license should not go with your XT in that case...

but you wouldn't be able to access the license without appropriate line6 hardware.

PF never came with the xt's by default, but I think they might have run a promotion for a short time that if you purchase an xt live you get PF, I know they did it with one of the amps

I'd like to hear about how it goes with the other choices out there.  I've looked at the Boss, Eleven Rack, GSP1101 and others and tone wise felt they were a version behind plus I like the way I can place any effect anywhere in the chain with Line6 with no restrictions, other than eventually running out of DSP.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally happy with Line6 but I don't see any other choices that are as good or better, unless you spend a lot more money.

Yeah...warts and all, it's still the best bang for your buck, imho. And already having had the ability to control the JTV via the POD, switching to another amp platform and losing that would aggravate me. Can't be stepping on a footswitch, turning the model knob, and flicking the selector switch all at once in a live situation.

As I see it, there are compromises in everything, not just electric guitar playing.  To me, PODs and other multieffects units are a compromise when it comes to the quality of the sounds and the transferability of your presets to different environments.  I say sound is a compromise simply because for me, having both the Fender tube amps and the models of those same amps -- they are not as good as the real deal.  Notice I didn't say "bad" because they are OK.  But not as good.  This fizziness I have another thread going on is certainly annoying, and it doesn't happen with my tube amps and Fulltone pedals, for example.  That to me is a compromise. Everything else is great about them really; Convenient packaging, light weight, plethora of at least usable sounds available to work with.

But this is how it is with ALL modelers I suspect, even the pricey ones.  If you are in a cover band and play a lot of different songs with different sounds, no doubt a POD or whatever is what you would LIKE to make work no doubt.  But for me and any of my original music ideas and looping efforts, I don't use the POD because I have a certain sound I have worked very hard to achieve and I don't really need 100+ effects or 30 different sounding amp models for that.

I don't dislike amp modelling, but I am not in denial about it's limitations for ME.  As usual, YMMV...

My (other) board played through a Princeton Reverb using Strats and/or Teles:

IMG_20140424_181720_743.jpg

• Upvote 1

True...there's always a trade-off. For me, I need the versatility, as my main gig is a cover band. And the convenience of having everything in one box is priceless...for me anyway. I abandoned individual pedals years ago (except for my Clyde Deluxe wah, as I've yet to hear any wah in a multi-fx unit that was even half-way convincing). Nothing wrong with traditional set-ups either, all about what you like...that's why all these "taste's great/less filling" arguments crack me up. "Better tone" is in the eye of the beholder (well, the ear I guess :P ), and the audience couldn't tell the difference if their lives depended on it anyway.

I know how you feel believe it or not and yes the audience is largely oblivious anyway.  This is why I have both types of setups...one for convenience and choices and the other to make ME happy.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I agree...the HD500 is a good piece of gear...I wasn't putting down Line 6 at all in my previous post...just pointing out there are more options that make the HD500 not as much as a standout as years ago...buying strictly for price point doesn't always mean you got the best thing, or vice versa for that matter.

Yeah, sad to say most audiences are completely unaware in so many areas. In my area of the woods there are several bands that track vocals, buy instrument tracks way beyond a supporting role. It is essentially karaoke with bright lights and people pretending to play. The audience continually tells the folks how good they are and have no clue that most of the notes / vocals are not coming from the band. I tried out for a band and when I went to play, all the guitar parts were already coming through the PA on a prerecorded track...I stopped playing and they informed me this is how we do it...ummmm....not so much for me. Needless to say I didn't accept the gig.

anyway I digress.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I agree...the HD500 is a good piece of gear...I wasn't putting down Line 6 at all in my previous post...just pointing out there are more options that make the HD500 not as much as a standout as years ago...buying strictly for price point doesn't always mean you got the best thing, or vice versa for that matter.

Yeah, sad to say most audiences are completely unaware in so many areas. In my area of the woods there are several bands that track vocals, buy instrument tracks way beyond a supporting role. It is essentially karaoke with bright lights and people pretending to play. The audience continually tells the folks how good they are and have no clue that most of the notes / vocals are not coming from the band. I tried out for a band and when I went to play, all the guitar parts were already coming through the PA on a prerecorded track...I stopped playing and they informed me this is how we do it...ummmm....not so much for me. Needless to say I didn't accept the gig.

anyway I digress.

I had no idea this was a new trend.  I'll place it on my list of regretable trends now and speak of it no more :wacko:

anyway I digress.

WOW. I've seen plenty of acts where it just a singer/guitarist and they play to backing tracks usally including backing vocals but the vocal and the main gutiar part, usally acoustic, they play. Never seen anyone that I know was actually pretending to play. I really don't like it much because it is true and sad that some ppl think all that noise comes out of just a guitar and it doesn't help the local bands thay are playing everything, as they don't have an $$$ studio full of gear and undo and autoturne to get it all right. I can say some audiences get thought. When you add solos or breakdown parts or just change th e song they can fell the live vibe to your music. 

As for tone, I've always been in the camp that tone comes mostly from your hands and mind, not the equipment. Great equipment helps no doubt. But when I've played thought expensive gutiars and amps, I still sound like me. But I want the good stuff, becuase it makes me comfortable with my sound. I can say I'm still hooked on my tubes after all these years too. To me nothing quite sounds like them. The DT amps are mecca for me becuase it's best of both worlds scenerio. I just got my DT25 combo and HD500x. Before I was using an X3 with Atomic mainly for the tubes in the Atomic. Just can't break my tube habit, even in our digital world!

WOW. I've seen plenty of acts where it just a singer/guitarist and they play to backing tracks usally including backing vocals but the vocal and the main gutiar part, usally acoustic, they play. Never seen anyone that I know was actually pretending to play. I really don't like it much because it is true and sad that some ppl think all that noise comes out of just a guitar and it doesn't help the local bands thay are playing everything, as they don't have an $$$ studio full of gear and undo and autoturne to get it all right. I can say some audiences get thought. When you add solos or breakdown parts or just change th e song they can fell the live vibe to your music. 

As for tone, I've always been in the camp that tone comes mostly from your hands and mind, not the equipment. Great equipment helps no doubt. But when I've played thought expensive gutiars and amps, I still sound like me. But I want the good stuff, becuase it makes me comfortable with my sound. I can say I'm still hooked on my tubes after all these years too. To me nothing quite sounds like them. The DT amps are mecca for me becuase it's best of both worlds scenerio. I just got my DT25 combo and HD500x. Before I was using an X3 with Atomic mainly for the tubes in the Atomic. Just can't break my tube habit, even in our digital world!

The fizz as the amp distortion decays in my HD500 I am currently getting is definitly not eminating from my hands.  That is a digital artifact if I ever heard one.  In general however I agree with you -- a great player can make you not even notice that fizz.  I can't judge my own playing, but I know I am a critical listener and I can't break the tube habit either, nor do I even want to.

Pedals, I just can't do that anymore.  They always seemed noisy to me.  The PODHD, combined with my Marshall amps, finally gives me low noise, no unwanted feedback, and no hassles.  Atleast no hassles after I spent months tweaking it but hey I spent years tweaking pedals.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.  I've learned a lot of things reading posts from people doing all kinds of things that I hadn't thought to try yet.

Pedals, I just can't do that anymore.  They always seemed noisy to me.

I sometimes play with a friend whose pedal board is so jacked up gain and volume wise, it isn't even funny.  He has everything set to the point where it actually sizzles and hisses like a worn out 8-track just sitting there.  I mean, it is seriously and annoying LOUD too.  That kind of thing drives me batty.  He is absolutely oblivious to it.

Meanwhile, my board sits there dead silent, waiting for me to energize it with a guitar by contrast.  Seriously.  Silent.  It's OK though...his board makes enough noise for both of us.

My main issue with the HD series is that it feels like it was made by a different company, or a different team. Does that make sense? The X3 Pro, for instance, was an exceptionally well designed and well thought out piece of gear. Not to mention it looked great too ;) But ya know, it had some incredible features;

Different output settings for 1/4" and XLR

Run a cab without a pre-amp for using real pre-amps in the loop

Tone lock for second tone

Dry guitar over USB for both tone paths

POD Farm, obviously

Dual instrument and mic inputs

Excellent dual tone system

Why, when designing the HD, would they not START with these features and expand from there? There's no good reason not to include these things. There are also a few things that feel poorly implemented on the HD, but the biggest culprits would be:

No kind of clip indicator between modules

A convoluted dual input system

No phase or delay controls in the cabinet section

No ability to run two cabs from one pre-amp

No ability to link editing parameters for tones 1 & 2

Don't get me wrong, I use the HD500 live and it's saved me a lot of hassle. I also still use POD Farm 2.5 almost exclusively for recording, so there's no way I'm leaving Line 6 any time soon. But the HD just doesn't feel entirely like a POD to me. In the years since I got the HD Pro and HD500, I never really warmed to it like I did my X3 Pro. And more than anything it feels like it has a lot of unrealised potential if only L6 would take the time to listen to how their users want to use it.

Only my opinion, obviously. But yeah.

• Upvote 1

ok, but if you paid extra for pod farm 1, it still required line6 hardware... unfortunately...

in order to have full use of pod farm without line6 hardware you'd need a pod farm 2.5+ license.

so it possible to have a paid license and still lose it, it seems.

the license should not go with your XT in that case...

but you wouldn't be able to access the license without appropriate line6 hardware.

This. I understand software licensing, as I stated in the topic starter, I'm a software engineer.

I paid for all the model packs, I paid the $100 for the PodFarm 1.1, and maybe $50 for 2.0? I forget the upgrade cost. All of that I'm fine with. Here is the flaw in the "license belonged to the hardware" model that is being thrown around...if the licenses hadn't been disassociated from the hardware prior to the hardware dying, it's all gone. All of it.

Support was unwilling to help. Nothing was offered. I was simply given the answer that nothing could be done. Where would iLok be if you lost all your licenses every time their hardware failed or someone lost the USB key?

That's all I have to say about it anymore really. Nearly $300 invested in software that disappeared due to poorly manufactured hardware.

actually... if you paid for the pod farm 2.0 upgrade., then 2.5 should be free.... and along with it, hardware independence.

i'm certain that support would help you with that if needed.... 

but you have to install 2.5+ for that feature.

the factory included licenses can never be disassociated with the hardware... is not possible.

but somewhere between back then and now, they've associated purchased licenses (like the one you purchased) to the user account and can now even be used on multiple devices/computers (and couldnt be before)

not sure that "poorly manufactured" hardware is anywhere close to a factor, when the hardware was sold....

This. I understand software licensing, as I stated in the topic starter, I'm a software engineer.

I paid for all the model packs, I paid the $100 for the PodFarm 1.1, and maybe $50 for 2.0? I forget the upgrade cost. All of that I'm fine with. Here is the flaw in the "license belonged to the hardware" model that is being thrown around...if the licenses hadn't been disassociated from the hardware prior to the hardware dying, it's all gone. All of it.

Support was unwilling to help. Nothing was offered. I was simply given the answer that nothing could be done. Where would iLok be if you lost all your licenses every time their hardware failed or someone lost the USB key?

That's all I have to say about it anymore really. Nearly $300 invested in software that disappeared due to poorly manufactured hardware.

So I jumped into my purchase history and discovered that I only owned the first PodFarm version, not 2.0.  Anyone remember if there was any sort of upgrade program for those running V1 with hardware attachment to move to V2.5 without a hardware requirement?  I thought I remember something like that.  I would love to have access to that software again.  I loved some of those API pres for drums, and the space echo was worth the price alone.  

if you paid for any model packs, or paid for a 2.0+ pod farm upgrade, then support will certainly help you regain use of those... i have no doubt.

Allow me to clarify. I believe stated this originally, but perhaps not. I had 2 XT devices. One was sold. The 2nd one, containing the licenses, I owned until it died : )

they have not ran any promo's like that since release, but every once in a while i see a free pod farm 2 license for taking a survey or something similar.

So I jumped into my purchase history and discovered that I only owned the first PodFarm version, not 2.0.  Anyone remember if there was any sort of upgrade program for those running V1 with hardware attachment to move to V2.5 without a hardware requirement?  I thought I remember something like that.  I would love to have access to that software again.  I loved some of those API pres for drums, and the space echo was worth the price alone.