Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Xlr Outs And 1/4 Outs To Pe60's And Pa

JMC01

Hello fellow axe slingers. It's been a while since I have posted. I have a question for the more experienced 500X users. Well, one question and one request for help.

1. The set-up I have is guitar to 500X out to (2) PE60's and to the PA board. I currently run the XLR's out to the PE 60's and 1/4 outs to a stereo channel on the board. Am I doing this backwards? If I run the master volume dimed, the signal to the board from the 1/4 outs is so hot that you barely nudge the volume faders on the board and you are supersonic! switch is set to amp. Output mode is studio/direct. The PE 60's are fine as I find good volume on those at about midawy.

2. I've been playing a lot of blues stuff and I have some awesome patches built around the BF for those. Our band is adding a little more rock type stuff at the request of some of the club owners as well as some of our followers. I'm completely lost on building those type of patches. What are the the best amps to use for those crunchy rythyms and best effects for those types of warm sustaining solos?

Also, just for %^%s and giggles, I saw a video of a Jimmy Thackery show where he was using category 5 amps. If we had a modeler that was close to those, I would be in heaven. His tone was super cool in that show.

Thanks in advance.

Why not do this; Run XLR outs to the PE60s and then use the XLR outs of the PE60s to feed the board? You would need two (a 1 stereo) channels for this.  Works great and you can use the PE60s for stage monitors while the FOH gets a pure feed straight through.  I have a pair of PE60s and have done this before...try it at least.

Dang....good idea! Seems like I read about that on a post somewhere at one time. Should still leave the ouput at studio/direct?? That's what I have it set to now and I have those PE60's really singin' the blues! I don't want to change and mess up a good thing.

Dang....good idea! Seems like I read about that on a post somewhere at one time. Should still leave the ouput at studio/direct?? That's what I have it set to now and I have those PE60's really singin' the blues! I don't want to change and mess up a good thing.

That's exactly what those XLR outs are for.  You can also use them to daisy chain as many other PE60s as you want for massive power if you want to.