Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sample Recording?

You would also need to have any custom presets that may be used in the setup installed on your M20d. It would be best if you had a full backup of the M20d that was used at the time of the recording, as well as the recorded WAV files. I think you would also have to replicate the exact folder/file structure of the SD card that was used at the time of the recording and place the WAV files in the correct folder in your own SD card. And hopefully the required WAV file characteristics (name, perhaps other details) will survive the file transfer process from someone else through your computer to the SD card.

All in all, it's not a straightforward procedure. I haven't heard of it being done, but it's probably possible. Let us know if you are successful.

It's not that difficult.  If someone wants to send you their recording they just need to save their setup and send it too.  You just load them into your mixer and then load the recording files onto an SD card and they will play back.

If it is for demonstration and learning it might even be a good idea to just have the wav files and build the setup from scratch. This way you can show how to use a stage icon, assign a preset, tweak it and get to a good mix.

If you're interested, I can upload a few files for you.

1) lead male vocals

2) lead female vocal

3) backing vox 1

4) backing vox 2

5) backing vox 3

6) backing vox 4

7) Kick

8) Snare

9-10) X-Y stereo overhead mics (condensers)

11) Guitar (off SM57)

If interested, let me know and I'll package them up for sending...

12) Sax (Bari)

13-14) Keys (stereo via DI box)

15) Bass (via DI)

5.5GB in total...

When I purchased my M20d (about the same time as Si Watts)  a member off the forum sent me a wav for learning purposes and I just created a basic set up using presets applicable to the track names on the recording.  I never thought about asking them to send me their set up.  It works great and has allowed me to experiment with lots of the features of the M20d. 

I work in a trio that is just keys,vocals and brass + backing tracks but would like to get into mixing for bands etc so if any one has any multitrack recordings they don't mind sharing could I have a copy. 

Being able to experiment in this way is another added bonus of this excellent desk.  I have now purchased the L3m's and am looking forward to starting to use the system live.

• Upvote 1

In the vain hope they'll be of use to you...

https://googledrive.com/host/0B69ePXD1tWblemR6WXI1WXB5Sm8/

Setup as:

1) lead male vocals channel name "Dave Vox"

2) lead female vocal channel name "Laura Vox"

3) backing vox 1 channel name "Mark B Vox"

4) backing vox 2 channel name "Rob B Vox"

5) backing vox 3 channel name "Steve B Vox"

6) backing vox 4 channel name "Si Vox"

7) Kick channel name "Kick"

8) Snare channel name "Snare"

9-10) X-Y stereo overhead mics (condensers) channel name "XZ Overhead"

11) Guitar (off SM57) channel name "Steve Guitar"

12) Sax (Bari) channel name "Si Sax"

13-14) Keys (stereo via DI box) channel name "Basic Keys"

15) Bass (via DI) channel name "Bass"

Sorry for the late feedback, but I'm on the road and did not see your message until now.

It is very generous of you to share these files, which I think will be just what I need. I'm not back until Thursday, so I would be very grateful if you could leave the files available for download till then. They are so big that I need something better than rubbish hotel wi-fi to download.

Thanks again!

Kjell

In the vain hope they'll be of use to you...

https://googledrive.com/host/0B69ePXD1tWblemR6WXI1WXB5Sm8/

Setup as:

1) lead male vocals channel name "Dave Vox"

2) lead female vocal channel name "Laura Vox"

3) backing vox 1 channel name "Mark B Vox"

4) backing vox 2 channel name "Rob B Vox"

5) backing vox 3 channel name "Steve B Vox"

6) backing vox 4 channel name "Si Vox"

7) Kick channel name "Kick"

8) Snare channel name "Snare"

9-10) X-Y stereo overhead mics (condensers) channel name "XZ Overhead"

11) Guitar (off SM57) channel name "Steve Guitar"

12) Sax (Bari) channel name "Si Sax"

13-14) Keys (stereo via DI box) channel name "Basic Keys"

15) Bass (via DI) channel name "Bass"

I have downloaded the files and it has proved a valuable training aid. As previously stated I work in a trio that is keyboards,trumpet/trombone and female vox only so don't get the chance to experiment with drum kits and other instruments/individual monitor sends etc. I can now practice navigating on the fly as if I was at a gig but without the stress of getting it wrong at a live gig, whilst also trying to play my parts.   I find the interface easy to use and so far have had no problems with usb dongle, sd card etc.   I am just about to introduce the M20d and L3m's to the rest of the band and already have a set up programmed ready to trim once we plug in.  MY only dilema now is whether to get the L3s sub, I suspect every one will recommend this course of action but our typical audience is up to 100 so we might get away with just the L3m's.  Thanks to Si who is proving to be a very willing contributor and advocate of the line 6 system and is now also offering a low cost hire package in his area.

• Upvote 1