Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Remote App Crashes

b-bender

Thanks for your continued patience. Here's the latest on this issue:

- We have submitted a fix for App Store Review

- Apple has granted us an expedited review, and the review is expected to start soon

- This crash is impossible to reproduce on any version of the app that has not been processed for the live App Store, even by Apple

- The crash affects iPhones only; iPads are unaffected

- Apple provides no means of reverting to a previous app build

- When a new app is released in the App Store, the previous version is automatically removed from the App Store 

- Users can restore to a previous version through iTunes, if the device had previously been backed up

We apologize for how this has inconvenienced our customers. I'll post again once I have pertinent information.

Tony

appreciate the update. 

Is there any idea of timeline on a fix..like most people I believe,  I don't have backups that happen after every automatic app update (as Amplifi did) so I dont have option to restore. 

It currently leaves me with no AMP for my gigs (as I sold the old one when buying this one) so this is a big problem for me....

• Upvote 1

- When a new app is released in the App Store, the previous version is automatically removed from the App Store 

Hello, I wanted to mention since I am new to any Apple product, and have never owned one until I had to get one to run the new Amplifi 75, that it also affects [iPod touch gen5) or do people lump iPod and iPhone in the same waste can? Sorry for not knowing, but I have never had to buy Apple before..

Just curious because it seems people are having a difficult time acknowledging and actually saying or including "iPod touch" because it HAS AFFECTED THEM, by the thousands, if what I'm reading on blogs all over the web are true..

I know that shame can make techs squeemish about getting the words out sometimes though... No worries here, just waiting so I can use the products I got to use only for a day after spending 700 bones.. :) And I am glad to hear there is progress , so thanks a bunch, The amplifi is worth the wait, because it is the first system I have ever used that allows 2 of the same effects stacked before, and it makes new sounds.

Ps. I had just installed iTunes a few hours before the update had auto updated, so hadn't yet backed up the older version.

I should have known better because usually things I buy are DOA , but this lasted for a day so it has that beat :lol:

- Apple has granted us an expedited review, and the review is expected to start soon

- This crash is impossible to reproduce on any version of the app that has not been processed for the live App Store, even by Apple

- Users can restore to a previous version through iTunes, if the device had previously been backed up

We apologize for how this has inconvenienced our customers. I'll post again once I have pertinent information.

Many thanks for the update.  Let's hope Apple get this processed ASAP.  :-)

This is an iPad issue as well. I see that admin is saying that the iPad is not affected but I get a crash when trying to log on the app on iPad. The keyboard locks locks when typing a couple characters the app crashes. Same on iPod touch. Can not revert after auto update. iPad issues as well.

This is an iPad issue as well. I see that admin is saying that the iPad is not affected but I get a crash when trying to log on the app on iPad. The keyboard locks locks when typing a couple characters the app crashes. Same on iPod touch. Can not revert after auto update. iPad issues as well.

It's working on my wife's iPad (an iPad 3, for what it's worth).

It's working on my wife's iPad (an iPad 3, for what it's worth).

I assume you had auto app updates disabled?

my ipad is not working ipad 64gb wifi +3g....

doesnt seem to follow the comment that ipads are not affected?

anyone else got a functioning or non functioning ipad?

My iPad Air is working just fine as of last night on the update, uninstall and re-download the app and see, my iPhone also works now for some reason too. That being said all the distorted tones sound incredibly cheap and fuzzy since updating, any connection between those?

I assume you had auto app updates disabled?

my ipad is not working ipad 64gb wifi +3g....

doesnt seem to follow the comment that ipads are not affected?

anyone else got a functioning or non functioning ipad?

No, I installed it for the first time on her iPad yesterday. It's the latest version of the app. I normally use my iPhone, so I wanted to see if I could get it working on the iPad.

Just tried deleting app and reinstalling from App Store. It installed v 1.01 again. Have iPad Air 128G running 7.1.1. Remote worked until I updated to ios7.1.1. Was able to log into remote after reinstall but crashed when checking version.

Just tried deleting app and reinstalling from App Store. It installed v 1.01 again. Have iPad Air 128G running 7.1.1. Remote worked until I updated to ios7.1.1. Was able to log into remote after reinstall but crashed when checking version.

Did you turn off auto update

My iPad Air is working just fine as of last night on the update, uninstall and re-download the app and see, my iPhone also works now for some reason too. That being said all the distorted tones sound incredibly cheap and fuzzy since updating, any connection between those?

The app does not process any audio, all the processing is done by the AMPLIFi.

The app does not process any audio, all the processing is done by the AMPLIFi.

Fair enough, not sure why cleans sound great but distortion has changed, I'll keep playing around with it.

OK WITH THE APP: updated my iPhone to 7.1.1 and the app no longer works and I'm on the old version, keeping iOS 7.1 on iPad until it's fixed. If Line6 is reading this, the patch for amplifi remote, check version compatability please? Until rune everyone stay on pre 7.1.1.

Its now 6 days since we lost the use of our AMPLIFI equipment...

some were lucky enough to have the older back up software version available, or didn't happen to have auto updating enabled on their settings - and for those lucky few, things are OK (although I see posting from Brad saying distorted settings seem to be altered) ...but for the rest of us it has meant our product is useless...

The definition of reasonable is always cloudy, but I believe that 7 days would be considered a reasonable length of time to either fix the faulty version, or re install an old software version so that we could use the product we have paid for?

I have written under separate cover to Line 6, as I believe there is a fundamental flaw in the way this has been handled, and it has left me with a very bad feeling about this product if it can be so easily left un usable...affecting my livelihood as a direct result...

FWIW, if you saw Line6Tony's last post, even Apple could not reproduce the crash from a build that was not processed by the app store.

Here is the post for posterity.

True, but that particular ability is a matter of the apple software delivery system and how it's setup.

no idea why they couldn't have a simple de-publish button that would revert to the last approved version...

In this day and age, does seem daft we cant revert!   (iphone 4S, off after one second)

I have a love/ hate relationship with apple. Love the products/hate the cost. Love the stability/hate the apple control freakish attitude. The control keeps things relatively secure though. Really like the amplifi though and this glitch will be fixed soon. Unfortunately patience is not one of my virtues!

I just got word that this is now fixed in app version 1.01.1. and it's now available in the App Store. Thanks all for your patience!

Installed and working on my iPhone 5S... :)

Man is it my iPad? Installed new app and it crashes after being open for ~20 seconds. Did back up and hard reset and reinstalled, same result. Not sure what to do now.

Was it working on your iPad prior to the update? Are you running the latest version of iOS7 on your iPad?

It was working before I updated ios 7.1.1 the updated to the last remote version about a week ago. This new version allows me to log in but then just closes! If it is just my iPad I am thinking of doing a factory restore and the reinstall everything on the iPad but that is fairly drastic and will take several hours as it is 128G air and pretty much full with only 2.6G free.

It was working before I updated ios 7.1.1 the updated to the last remote version about a week ago. This new version allows me to log in but then just closes! If it is just my iPad I am thinking of doing a factory restore and the reinstall everything on the iPad but that is fairly drastic and will take several hours as it is 128G air and pretty much full with only 2.6G free.

Do the restore, an iPad THAT full is bound to have 10-20Gb of "other" and assuming you updated via Wifi very prone to corrupted software on iOS. Make an iCloud backup and restore/update as a New device. And don't restore from iTunes backup..any issue the iPad has will return with an iTunes backup, iCloud doesn't transfer system issues. If it lets you use the amp it's worth it right?

Thanks, think you are right. iCloud can't do backup over 64G I believe so I have to figure out about half of storage to delete before backing up. How can iCloud backup not be able to backup an iPad! Back to love/hate apple. Love the amplifi though and looking forward to getting back up to it's full potential.

I just got word that this is now fixed in app version 1.01.1. and it's now available in the App Store. Thanks all for your patience!

Thanks Tony.

I see Phil_M and Jmjmeyers have had luck uploading to their 5S iPhones.  Has anyone had luck yet uploading to a 4S?

Just did an Ipad mini test not sure of ipad mini version the one right before the retna mini came out.  This had prior IOS version prior to 7.1.1 and Amplifi app 1.01 was still on it and worked surprisingly without any odd errors upon login.  It would not update to the new Amplifi app, wifi on, app store autoupdate on but would not do it.  So updated IOS on this ipad mini to 7.1.1 very soon after it updated the Amplifi app.  Verified the new app was on it 1.01.1 and logged in and worked fully OK so far.  This is the lowest end ipad mini you can buy wifi only.  Hope it helps ipad users but it is just a slightly less than year old ipad mini bought brand new.

Thanks, think you are right. iCloud can't do backup over 64G I believe so I have to figure out about half of storage to delete before backing up. How can iCloud backup not be able to backup an iPad! Back to love/hate apple. Love the amplifi though and looking forward to getting back up to it's full potential.

Transfer photos to PC and remove em from iPad, then everything you've bought like apps...remove from iPad as we'll and back up only important data, restore as new, restor iCloud, download only what you need and give that a try