Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Replacing/overwriting Onboard Models -

ricstudioc

Hey there -

From hanging 'round these parts since getting my DT25, I've gotten the impression that it may be possible to overwrite the models that come stock on the amp with models from the HD500x.  If so, could someone take a moment to walk me thru this?  And this overwrite is permanent, yes - survives power down/power up?

As always - thanks!!

Ric

look at the top of the forum and get the dt customizer software.

you'll need a midi interface... recommend m-audio UNO.

yes the settings are sticky and will remain after powering moving etc...

not really permanent as there is a way to revert back... and of course you can change them as many times as you like....

best advice...

low gain channel A

hi gain channel B

because the knob positions will instantly re-read when you select amps... and it can get wildly louder...

by separating in this manner you can have more workable knob settings on your channels.

• Upvote 1

Most excellent, Oh Most Excellent one!  I'll grab the customizer when I get home, assume it's fairly self explanatory (we'll see...)  And yeah, that's what I meant by "permanent".

Muchos Thanks!

Ric

To clarify / expand on this question, I am looking to finally update the firmware on my DT25 (need to get the MIDI interface going) and was wondering, can you load a total of four or eight amp models? I may have misunderstood, but I seem to remember someone talking about being able to load a total of eight amp models.. Can't seem to track down that thread though!

Thanks! :)

turns it into an amp factory... you can do stuff on the DT amps you cant do on the pod...

such as mixing preamps with different power amp models....

an AC30 with an ubershall style power amp... you can do that...

a JCM800 preamp with a fender style power amp... you can do that...

etc... yeah that too :D

anyway... like i said in my original warning:

best advice...

low gain channel A

hi gain channel B

because the knob positions will instantly re-read when you select amps... and it can get wildly louder...

by separating in this manner you can have more workable knob settings on your channels.

*** basically you have 8 presets, BUT it's still a 2 channel amp***

*** basically you have 8 presets, BUT it's still a 2 channel amp***

It's not quite that, since there are only four presets for channel A, and four different presets for channel B.  That's 8 presets in total, yes, but you can't assign them to the channels freely. Presets 1-4 to channel A, and presets 5-8 to channel B. It's more like having two banks of four presets, and the ability to toggle bank.

not even that... because the tonestack settings etc are not part of the preset... and you can't really set more than 2 channels A/B to be "ready"...

but yeah we're both basically right... it just has some serious footnotes to it.